"2081" redirects here. For the 2009 film, see 2081 (film)
"2083" redirects here. For the arcade game, see A. D. 2083
The 2080s decade will begin on January 1, 2080 and will end on December 31, 2089.
Notable predictions and known events 
- According to The China Modernization Report, China is expected to be one of the most developed countries in the world, equivalent to the level of the United States of the early 21st century.
- It is predicted that the average person will be able to live on the Moon.
- The Sega Dreamcast's internal clock will reach its limit. Any attempt to add a year to the date will result in the current year being shown as 1998
- October 27 - Mercury occults Jupiter, first time since 1708, but very close to the Sun and impossible to view with naked eye.
- May–June – Magicicada broods X (17-year) and XIX (13-year) will emerge simultaneously. This will be the first time this will occur since 1868. This event occurs only once in every 221 years.
Fictional events 
- CBBC's fictional show The Secret Show takes place in 2082.
- The animated television series Ōban Star-Racers takes place in 2082.
- 2082 is the name of a song by the band They Might Be Giants from the album Join Us. The song is about someone who travels ahead in time to visit his future self. 2082 will be the 100th anniversary of the band's formation.
- According to the storyline of the 1982 arcade video game Robotron: 2084, in 2084 man perfects the Robotrons, a robot species so advanced that man is inferior to his own creation.
- In the X-COM Storyline, the Fourth Alien War (AW-IV) starts in 2084.
- The video game Remember Me is set in Paris 2084.
- The events described by a fictional version of Evel Knievel in the Midnight Brown song 2084. Including things like the TV series Dog Monkey vs. Monkey Dog and streets made of syrup.
- The Sci-Fi film Total Recall is set in 2084.
- The Doctor Who story Warriors of the Deep takes place in 2084.
- A war in Ayreon's universe is set in 2084, said to be the "Sixth Extinction" by the "Forever" aliens (the "Fifth Extinction" was that of the dinosaurs 65 million years prior), causing the extinction of mankind save for the colony on Mars. Due to Mars' incapacity to support life, the Mars colony is effectively doomed, and after the death of its last inhabitant, the last human being, he is re-created as a new soul, the new Universal Migrator.
- 2084: Tomorrow is Today, a futuristic novel by John William McMullen set in the year 2084 in which the world has spiraled from economic collapse, limited nuclear war, and global anarchy into a United World under the protection of The Program.
- Diana Wynne Jones' short story No One begins with a reference to the year being 2084
- In episode 11.16 of The Simpsons, Lisa receives a sticker saying to vote for a gay president in 2084, which, according to them, is a realistic goal.
- Claire Fisher, fictional artist in the HBO television series, Six Feet Under, dies in 2085 in Manhattan at the age of 101.
- 2085 is mentioned as the setting of singer The-Dream's single "Walking On the Moon".
- The little-known sequel to Robotron: 2084, Blaster, is set in 2085, after the destruction of the human race in 2084 by the Robotrons.
- Venus Wars (1989): A war for independence breaks out on a colonized Venus in the year 2089.
- Twilight of the Dark Master (1997): Two ancient races return to Earth and battle it out in the year 2089.