||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)
20 All-Time Greatest Hits! is a compilation album by James Brown containing 20 of his most famous recordings. Released by Polydor Records in 1991 as a single-disc alternative to the Star Time box set, it features songs from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. 16 of the songs from the album had previously topped the US R&B charts. The album itself peaked at number 99 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart after its release. In 2003, it was ranked number 414 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
||"I Got You (I Feel Good)"
||"Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine"
||James Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ron Lenhoff
||"I Got the Feelin'"
||"Mother Popcorn, Pt. 1"
||Brown, Pee Wee Ellis
||"Give It Up or Turnit a Loose"
||"Make It Funky, Pt. 1"
||"Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. 1"
||"It's a Man's Man's Man's World"
||Brown, Betty Jean Newsome
||Jimmy Forrest, Lewis Simpkins, Oscar Washington
||"Cold Sweat, Pt. 1"
||Brown, Ellis, David Lindup
||"Get on the Good Foot"
||Brown, Joe Mims, Fred Wesley
||"Papa Don't Take No Mess, Pt. 1"
||Brown, Bobbit, Jabo Starks, Wesley
||Brown, Starks, Wesley
||"Say It Loud - I'm Black and I'm Proud, Pt. 1"
||"Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2"
||"Hot Pants, Pt. 1"
||"Get Up Offa That Thing"
||Brown, D. Jenkins
||"Please, Please, Please"
||Brown, Johnny Terry
Credits for 20 All-Time Greatest Hits! adapted from Allmusic.
- John Bobbit – composer
- Deanna Brown – composer
- Deidra Brown – composer
- James Brown – composer, vocals
- James Razor Brown – producer
- Yamma Brown – composer
- Alfred Ellis – composer
- Pee Wee Ellis – composer
- D. Jenkins – composer
- David Lindup – composer
- Bob Marley – composer
- Mims, Joe – composer
- Lowman Pauling – composer
- Fred Wesley – composer
- Isabelle Wong – design
- Please Please Please
- Try Me!
- The Amazing James Brown
- James Brown Presents His Band/Night Train
- Shout and Shimmy
- James Brown and His Famous Flames Tour the USA
- Prisoner of Love
- Excitement - Mr. Dynamite
- The Unbeatable James Brown
- Grits and Soul
- Out of Sight
- Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
- I Got You (I Feel Good)
- James Brown Plays James Brown Today and Yesterday
- Mighty Instrumentals
- James Brown Plays New Breed (The Boo-Ga-Loo)
- It's a Man's Man's Man's World
- James Brown Sings Christmas Songs
- Handful of Soul
- Sings Raw Soul
- James Brown Plays the Real Thing
- Cold Sweat
- I Can't Stand Myself
- I Got the Feeling
- James Brown Sings Out of Sight
- Thinking About Little Willie John and a Few Nice Things
- A Soulful Christmas
- Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud
- Gettin' Down to It
- The Popcorn
- It's a Mother
- Ain't It Funky
- Soul on Top
- It's a New Day - Let a Man Come In
- Hey America
- Super Bad
- Sho' Is Funky Down Here
- Hot Pants
- There It Is
- Get on the Good Foot
- Black Caesar
- Slaughter's Big Rip-Off
- The Payback
- Sex Machine Today
- Everybody's Doin' the Hustle and Dead on the Double Bump
- Get Up Offa That Thing
- Mutha's Nature
- Jam 1980's
- Take a Look at Those Cakes
- The Original Disco Man
- Soul Syndrome
- Bring It On
- I'm Real
- Love Overdue
- Universal James
- I'm Back
- The Merry Christmas Album
- The Next Step
- Soul Classics
- Soul Classics, Volume 2
- Solid Gold: 30 Golden Hits
- The Fabulous James Brown
- Can Your Heart Stand It?
- The Best of James Brown
- The Federal Years, Part 1
- The Federal Years, Part 2
- Roots of a Revolution - The James Brown Story 1956-1965
- Ain't That a Groove - The James Brown Story 1966-1969
- Doing It to Death - The James Brown Story 1970-1973
- Dead on the Heavy Funk 1974-1976
- The CD of JB: Sex Machine and Other Soul Classics
- The LP of JB
- In the Jungle Groove
- The CD of JB II: Cold Sweat and Other Soul Classics
- Messin' With the Blues
- Star Time
- 20 All-Time Greatest Hits!
- Roots of a Revolution
- JB40: 40th Anniversary Collection
- Foundations of Funk – A Brand New Bag: 1964-1969
- Funk Power 1970: A Brand New Thang
- Make It Funky – The Big Payback: 1971-1975
- Dead On The Heavy Funk: 1975-1983
- Classic James Brown - The Universal Masters Collection
- The Godfather - The Very Best of James Brown
- Classic James Brown Vol. 2 - The Universal Masters Collection
- 50th Anniversary Collection
- The Singles, Volume One: The Federal Years: 1956–1960
- The Singles, Volume Two: 1960–1963
- The Singles, Volume Three: 1964–1965
- A Family Affair
- Dynamite X
- The Singles, Volume Four: 1966–1967
- The Singles, Volume Five: 1967-1969
- The Singles, Volume Six: 1969-1970
- The Singles, Volume 7: 1970-1972
- The Singles, Volume 8: 1972-1973
- The Singles, Volume 9: 1973-1975
- The James Brown Complete Christmas
- The Singles, Volume 10: 1975-1979
- The Singles, Volume 11: 1979-1981