DVD release cover
|Directed by||Myles Berkowitz|
|Produced by||Phoenician Films|
|Written by||Myles Berkowitz|
|Music by||Robert F. Mann
|Edited by||Lisa Cheek
|Release date(s)||January 1998 (Slamdance Film Festival)|
|Running time||87 minutes|
|Box office||$536,767 (domestic)|
20 Dates is a 1998 American mockumentary film. Myles Berkowitz directs and stars as the film's protagonist trying to find love and start a film career at the same time by filming himself going out on 20 dates with different women.
- Myles Berkowitz as Myles
- Elisabeth Wagner as Elisabeth
- Richard Arlook as The Agent
- Tia Carrere as Herself
- Robert McKee as Himself
- Elie Samaha as The producer (voice)
Film critic Christopher Null of Filmcritic.com awarded the film four and a half stars out of five and called the film "hysterical" while Leonard Clady of Variety magazine called it "a mockumentary of inordinate skill", concluding that it's "a satisfying and entertaining movie." James Berardinelli of ReelViews.net called the film "inconsequential" but, at the same time, admitted that some parts of the film are "often hilarious."
On the other hand, film critic Roger Ebert of Chicago Sun-Times awarded the film a half star out of a possible four stars, opinining that "the film has the obnoxious tone of a boring home movie narrated by a guy shouting in your ear" and concluding by calling the film "incompetent and annoying." Jeff Millar of the Houston Chronicle said the film is "a joke" and that "Berkowitz is a rather annoying person".
- 20 Dates, Rotten Tomatoes. Accessed November 15, 2009.
- 20 Dates, Metacritic. Accessed November 15, 2009.
- Null, Christopher. 20 Dates, Filmcritic.com, 2000. Accessed November 7, 2008.
- Clady, Leonard. 20 Dates, Variety, January 26, 1998.
- Berardinelli, James. 20 Dates, ReelViews.net. Accessed November 7, 2008.
- Ebert, Roger. 20 Dates, Chicago Sun-Times, March 12, 1999. Accessed November 7, 2008.
- Millar, Jeff. 20 Dates, March 11, 2004. Accessed November 7, 2008.
- 20 Dates at the Internet Movie Database
- 20 Dates at AllMovie
- 20 Dates at Rotten Tomatoes
- 20 Dates at Metacritic
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|