The 20th Television logo from 2013.
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Owner||21st Century Fox|
|Parent||20th Century Fox Television|
|Divisions||Lincolnwood Drive Inc.
20th Century Fox International Television
Twentieth Television (20th Television or 20TV) is an American television syndication company. It is the syndication arm of 20th Century Fox Television, the television production arm of 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, a division of the Fox Entertainment Group, part of 21st Century Fox.
20th Television was formed in 1989 by Fox Inc. (the News Corporation unit that oversaw 20th Century Fox at that time) in order to separate 20th Century Fox's television productions (which were previously handled by its 20th Century Fox Television division) from the movie studio in order to increase the latter's output. During this time, 20th Television and 20th Century Fox served as two of Fox's four main units, along with the Fox Broadcasting Company and Fox Television Stations. Following a 1994 restructuring of Fox's television production companies, 20th Television was refocused on syndication and "non-traditional programs;" its network television division was moved back to 20th Century Fox and retook the 20th Century Fox Television name.
20th Television distributes almost all programming from the television production unit and its subsidiaries and the motion picture studio's output (and their own subdivisions); since sister company 20th Century Fox Television produces most of the Fox network programming, 20th Television can also be considered the network's syndication arm. It owns programming from other production companies and studios they've acquired, including MTM Enterprises, most by Metromedia Producers Corporation, most by Four Star Television and most by New World Entertainment.
As part of the restructuring that stemmed from News Corporation spinning off its entertainment assets into 21st Century Fox, it was announced on July 8, 2013, that 20th Television will operate under the management of 20th Century Fox Television; it was previously under Fox Television Stations. As a result, the former company's president will now report to the latter's chairmen.
List of presidents
- Horn, John (July 12, 1989). "20th Century Fox Restructures Film, Television Units". Associated Press. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Harmetz, Aljean (July 13, 1989). "A Revamping of Fox Film Puts Emphasis on Movies". The New York Times. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "2 Named to Executive Posts in Fox TV Restructuring". Los Angeles Times. December 5, 1994. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "TV News Check" 20th Century TV to handle ad sales of both Debmar-Mercury shows for 2007 season. tvnewscheck.com Retrieved on March 13, 2012
- Elizabeth Guider "Variety" 'Dead Zone' headed to syndication variety.com January 11, 2007, Retrieved on January 29, 2013
- Bergeron, Tom (2010-04-21). I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can!: Zen and the Art of Staying Sane in Hollywood. HarperCollins. pp. 91–. ISBN 978-0-06-176588-9. Retrieved 13 July 2011.