|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||180s 190s 200s – 210s – 220s 230s 240s|
|Years:||212 213 214 – 215 – 216 217 218|
|215 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||968|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)
2911 or 2851
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
2912 or 2852
|Coptic calendar||−69 – −68|
|- Vikram Samvat||271–272|
|- Shaka Samvat||137–138|
|- Kali Yuga||3316–3317|
|Iranian calendar||407 BP – 406 BP|
|Islamic calendar||420 BH – 419 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1697 before ROC
|Seleucid era||526/527 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||757–758|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 215.|
Year 215 (CCXV) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Laetus and Sulla (or, less frequently, year 968 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 215 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Caracalla's troops massacre the population of Alexandria, Egypt, beginning with the leading citizens. The emperor is angry about a satire, produced in Alexandria, mocking his claim that he killed Geta in self-defense.
- Caracalla introduces a new coin, the Antoninianus. The weight of this coin is a mere 1/50 of a pound. Copper disappears gradually, and by the middle of the third century, with Rome's economy in crisis, the Antonianus will be the only official currency.
- Zhang Liao holds off Sun Quan's invasion force at the siege of Hefei.
- Vachagan I becomes king of Caucasian Albania.
- Chen Wu, general under Sun Quan
- Dong Xi, general under Sun Quan
- Han Sui, sworn brother of Ma Teng
- Sun Yu, cousin of Sun Quan (b. 177)
- Yang Ang, general under Zhang Lu