||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Ultra-high-definition television. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2012.|
2160p is an alternative name for 4K UHD, a resolution supported by UHDTV products and which offers four times the definition of 1080p. The number 2160 stands for 2,160 lines of vertical display resolution, while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced. In a progressive image, the lines of resolution of the image go from the top of the screen to the bottom. The only planned higher definition format for television is 8K UHD.
- Philips has made a 3DTV with a native resolution of 4K UHD.
- In June 2012, Toshiba launched the world's first 3D TV without glasses with 9 parallax images, which passes through special lenticular lenses to deliver 3D effect with glasses-free on a 55" Toshiba Regza RZ1. Due to deliver 9 parallax images at the same time, so the 3D image will only be seen as HD 720p (1280x720) ---> 3840x2160 = 9x1280x720.
- Sony plans to launch a 4K UHDTV in December 2012 and more in 2013- 2020 along with 8K UHDTV.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 3(only Snapdragon 800 version) shoots 2160p video at 30fps.
- On June 12, 2014, the 2014 FIFA World Cup became the first ever to be shot in 4K UHD, thanks to FIFA's partnership with Sony.
- 4320p, 2160p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i, 360p, 240p
- High-definition television (HDTV)
- Henning, W (2006-09-11). "Bye-Bye 1080P – Hello 2160P?". Neoseeker. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- MATTHEW BRAGA. "The Road to 2160p: How 4K UltraHD Will Get into Your Home". Tested. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- Robert Silva. "8K Resolution - Definition and Explanation of 8K Video Resolution". About.com. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Ultra High Definition Television: Threshold of a new age". ITU. 2012-05-24. Retrieved 2012-08-18.
- "Samsung Says Phooey to 1080p, Goes 4x Better with Quad HD".
- "Samsung Shows OLED and Quad-HD TVs at CES".
- "Beyond HD". Broadcast Engineering. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- Fermoso, J (2008-10-01). "Gadget Lab Hardware News and Reviews Philips’ 3D HDTV Might Destroy Space-Time Continuum, Wallets". Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "Toshiba Regza RZ1, world’s first glasses-free 3D TV with Quad FHD display". June 20, 2012.