From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||21st century – 22nd century – 23rd century|
|Decades:||2150s 2160s 2170s – 2180s – 2190s 2200s 2210s|
|Years:||2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189|
- 2185: Triple conjunction Mars–Saturn.
- July 16, 2186: Solar eclipse  of 7 min 29 s (very close to the theoretical maximum), saros 139, the longest in the series.
This is calculated to be the longest eclipse during the current 10,000 year period, from 4000 BC to AD 6000 (eclipse predictions by Fred Espenak, NASA/GSFC.DEPP).
- 2187: Triple conjunction Mars–Saturn.
Science Fiction set in 2180s
- The Cat Who Walks Through Walls by Robert A. Heinlein begins in 2188.
- Moving Mars by Ben Bova occurs during 2171-2184.
Television and Film
- DT Eightron, an anime set on the year 2187.
- In Curiosity, episode 11, Can we live for ever? an asteroid hits the Earth in the year 2182.
- Mass Effect takes place in the year 2183.
- Mass Effect 2 takes place in the year 2185.
- Mass Effect 3 takes place in the year 2186.
- Starcross takes place in 2186.
- Eclipse of July 16, 2186
- See : NASA Eclipse Web Site.