21 (Omarion album)
|Studio album by Omarion|
|Released||December 26, 2006|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop|
|Producer||Timbaland, The Neptunes, Eric Hudson, Johnkenum Spivery, King Logan, Rufus Blaq, Cory Bold, Bryan-Michael Cox, WYLDCARD, Eric Dawkins|
21 is the second studio album from R&B singer & former B2K frontman Omarion. The 1st single off the album was "Entourage" written by Andre Merritt & produced by Eric Hudson. The 2nd single "Icebox", produced by Timbaland. Other collaborators on the album include Pharrell & songwriter Bryan Michael Cox. The album name "21" was inspired from when Omarion turned 21-years-old months before his album release.
The album landed at #1 in the Billboard 200, selling 119,000 copies in its first week, making it his second album to hit #1, although selling 60,000 less than his first solo album O. It has sold over 390,000 copies in the United States up to November 2008.
|1.||"Entourage"||Omari Grandberry, Eric Hudson, Pastor Andrew Merrit||Hudson||4:58|
|2.||"Ice Box"||Grandberry, Keri Hilson, Johnkenum Spivery, Ezekiel Lewis, Timothy Mosley, Antonio Dixon, King Logan, Patrick Smith||Spivery, Logan, Timothy "Timbaland" Mosley||5:15|
|3.||"Electric"||Granberry, Hudson, Merritt||Hudson||3:25|
|4.||"Made for TV"||Bryan-Michael Cox, Adonis Shropshire||Cox, Kendrick "WYLDCARD" Dean (co.)||4:46|
|5.||"Just Can't Let You Go"||Cox, Shropshire||Cox, WYLDCARD (co.)||3:03|
|6.||"Obsession"||Pharrell Williams||The Neptunes||4:13|
|7.||"Midnight"||Eric Dawkins, Dixon, Grandberry, Harvey Mason, Jr., Steve Russell, Damon Thomas||Dawkins, The Underdogs||3:58|
|8.||"Just That Sexy"||Dawkins, Dixon, Grandberry, Mason, Jr., Russell, Thomas||Dawkins, The Underdogs||3:48|
|9.||"Beg for It"||Sean Garrett, Mosley||Spivery, Logan, Timbaland||2:56|
|10.||"Do It"||Dawkins, Dixon, Grandberry, Mason, Jr., Russell, Thomas||Dawkins, The Underdogs||3:54|
|11.||"Been With a Star"||Grandberry, Hudson, Merritt||Hudson||3:18|
|12.||"What Are We Doing?"||Grandberry, Rufus Moore||Rufus Blaq||3:53|
• (co.) Co-producer.
Adapted from the 21 liner notes.
- Chris Stokes, Omari Grandberry, Kawan 'KP' Prather, Ketrina 'Taz' Askew, Marques Houston and Henley 'Jr.' Regisford: executive producers
- Brian "Big Bass" Gardner: mastering (Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA)
- The Ultimate Group: management
- Kenny Meiselas, Esq. (Grubman, Indursky, PC) and Tabetha D. Plummer, Esq. (The Plummer Law Group): legal representation
- Kawan Prather: A&R, Sony Urban Music
- Jennifer Gray: A&R Operations, Sony Urban Music
- David "Touch" Wright: A&R Coordinator, Sony Urban Music
- Amberdawn Alexander: Marketing, Sony Urban Music
- Michelle Holme and Erwin Gorostiza: art direction
- Eric Ogden: photography
- Allmusic Review
- Entertainment Weekly Review
- Stylus Magazine Review
- Vibe Review
- DJBooth.net Review
- "Boy To Man: Omarion Grows Up On The 'Personal' 21" MTV.com
- Grein, Paul. "Chart Watch Extra: What A Turkey! The 25 Worst-Selling #1 Albums". Yahoo! Music. November 21, 2008.
- 21 (booklet). Omarion. Epic. Sony Urban Music. 2006.
Hip Hop is Dead by Nas
|Billboard 200 number-one album
January 7–13, 2007
Dreamgirls Soundtrack by Various artists
|This 2000s R&B/soul album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|