|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||190s 200s 210s – 220s – 230s 240s 250s|
|Years:||223 224 225 – 226 – 227 228 229|
|226 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||979|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1618 – −1617|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
2922 or 2862
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
2923 or 2863
|Coptic calendar||−58 – −57|
|- Vikram Samvat||282–283|
|- Shaka Samvat||148–149|
|- Kali Yuga||3327–3328|
|Igbo calendar||−774 – −773|
|Iranian calendar||396 BP – 395 BP|
|Islamic calendar||408 BH – 407 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1686 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||769|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 226.|
Year 226 (CCXXVI) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Severus and Marcellus (or, less frequently, year 979 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 226 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- June 29 – Cao Pi dies after an illness, his son Cao Rui succeeds him as emperor of the Kingdom of Wei.
- King Ardashir I, ruler of the Sassanid dynasty, defeats Artabanus V and is crowned "King of Kings" of the Persian Empire. Beginning of the 400 year-reign of the Sassanid Empire.
- The Empire of Parthia falls.
- A merchant from the Roman Empire called "Qin Lun" by the Chinese, arrives in Jiaozhi (modern Hanoi) and is taken to see Sun Quan, king of Eastern Wu, who requests him to make a report on his native country and people. He is given an escort for the return trip including a present of ten male and ten female "blackish-coloured dwarfs." However, the officer in charge of the Chinese escort dies and Qin Lun has to continue his journey home alone.
- June 29 – Cao Pi, Emperor of the Kingdom of Wei (China) (b. 187)
- Shi Xie, ruler of Jiaozhi (b. 137)
- Shi Hui, son of Shi Xie (b. 165)
- Shi Zhi, eldest son of Shi Xie
- Artabanus V, last ruler of the Parthian Empire