From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|Cardinal||two hundred and forty-two|
(two hundred and forty-second)
|Factorization||2 · 112|
242 is a palindrome.
In other fields
242 is also:
- part of the name of a Belgian electronic body music group called Front 242
- the number of a notable UN Security Council resolution pertaining to the Arab/Israeli conflict, United Nations Security Council Resolution 242
- The area code of The Bahamas located in the North West Atlantic Ocean.
- Volvo 242 (2xx-series, 4-cylinder, 2-door) Produced from 1974-1984.5
- A rumoured time for the release of Radiohead's pre-sale for their 2012 tour.
- The total number of Power Stars a player can collect in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii.
- Kepler-69c, is 70 percent larger than the size of Earth, and orbits in the habitable zone of a star similar to our sun. Astronomers are uncertain about the composition of Kepler-69c, but its orbit of 242 days around a sun-like star resembles that of our neighboring planet Venus.
- R. K. Guy Unsolved Problems in Number Theory, section B18.
- D. Wells, The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers, Penguin Books, NY, 1986: 147, 176.
|This number article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|