242nd Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|242nd Infantry Division|
In 1944, the division was in southern France, and fought against the Western Allies in Operation Dragoon. The entire 242nd Division, along with the vast majority of the 19th Army was encircled and surrendered during Operation Dragoon.
Order of Battle 1944
- Generalleutnant J. Bassler
- 765th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 917th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 918th Grenadier Regiment (4 battalions)
- 242nd Artillery Regiment (3 battalions)
- 242nd Panzerjäger Battalion
- 242nd Reconnaissance Battalion
- 242nd Pioneer Battalion
- 242nd Signals Battalion
- 242nd Division Support Units
- "German Forces in the West". cgsc.edu. Retrieved 24 October 2011.