"2312" redirects here. For the Kim Stanley Robinson novel, see 2312 (novel)
"2359" redirects here. For the 2011 film, see 2359 (film)
The 24th century of the anno Domini (common era) will span from January 1, 2301 to December 31, 2400 of the Gregorian calendar. Unlike most century years, the year 2400 is a leap year, and the first century leap year since 2000.
Astronomical predictions set in the 24th century 
List of the long total solar eclipses 
- June 9, 2309 : Solar eclipse, (6 min 30 s), of saros 142.
- June 20, 2327 : Solar eclipse, (6 min 21 s), of saros 142.
- June 30, 2345 : Solar eclipse, (6 min 07 s), of saros 142.
- July 12, 2363 : Solar eclipse, (5 min 51 s), of saros 142.
- July 22, 2381 : Solar eclipse, (5 min 33 s), of saros 142.
- August 2, 2399 : Solar eclipse, (5 min 14 s), of saros 142.
Other phenomena 
- September 11, 2307: At 22:50 UTC, Venus will occult Uranus.
- 2313: Triple conjunction Mars–Jupiter.
- 2319: Triple conjunction Mars-Saturn.
- June 4, 2327: At 00:54 UTC, Venus will occult Mars.
- October 8, 2335: At 14:51 UTC, Venus will occult Jupiter.
- April 7, 2351: At 17:22 UTC, Mercury will occult Uranus.
- December 13, 2360: Transit of Venus.
- 2365: Perihelion of Comet Halley.
- December 10, 2368: Transit of Venus.
- 2388: Triple conjunction Mars-Saturn.
- May 11, 2391: Partial transit of Mercury.
- November 17, 2400: Venus will occult Antares (last occultation of Antares by Venus was on September 17, 525 BC).
Science fiction set in the 24th century 
- The novel 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson takes place in 2312.
- Bis zum Nullpunkt des Seins ("To the Zero Point of Existence"), written in 1871 by Kurd Laßwitz, is set in the year 2371.
- The novel Bikini Planet by David S. Garnett takes place at the beginning of the 24th Century.
- The Fortunate Fall, a novel by Raphael Carter.
- The novel The World Inside (1971) by Robert Silverberg takes place in 2381.
- Scott Westerfeld novel series "Uglies" takes place 300 years from the year the first book (Uglies) was published.
- The novel Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury takes place in the 24th Century.
- Alliance-Union universe, backdrop for a series of novels by C. J. Cherryh starting in the 23rd century.
- Expedition, subtitled Being an Account in Words and Artwork of the 2358 AD. Voyage to Darwin IV. Humans have made their world very toxic killing most life-forms and forcing them to use other technology. They have also started studying Darwin IV, a planet bursting with life.
- In the Doctor Who novel The Stone Rose, Vanessa comes from the year 2375.
- Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton are set in the 24th century.
- In "The Time Machine" an added chapter from the Great Illustrated Classics, The Time Traveller sets his Time Machine to stop at the 24th century on his way back to the year 1895, to find if humanity has made any achievements in his future. He finds a highly advanced society, but later learns that Earth is in World War III, from top to bottom. Time Travel has been made illegal in this time period and the time traveler is about to be arrested but manages to escape into 1895.
- Dead Space: Catalyst by B. K. Evenson. The book takes places in 2314, 100 years after Martyr.
Star Trek Series 
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek: Voyager, as well as Star Trek Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek Nemesis are set in the 24th century.
Star Trek: The Next Generation 
- Jean-Luc Picard, born July 13, 2305.
- Beverly Crusher, born 2324.
- William T. Riker, born 2335.
- Geordi La Forge, born 2335.
- Deanna Troi, born March 29, 2336.
- Natasha Yar, born 2337.
- Data, activated February 2, 2338.
- Worf, born 2340.
- Wesley Crusher, born 2348.
- The USS Enterprise, the fifth Federation starship to bear the name, registry NCC-1701-D is launched; 2364.
- Events of Star Trek: The Next Generation (c. 2364–2370).
- Events of Star Trek Generations (c. 2371).
- Events of Star Trek: First Contact (c. 2373).
- Events of Star Trek: Insurrection (c. 2375).
- Events of Star Trek Nemesis (c. 2379).
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 
Star Trek: Voyager 
- Tuvok, born 2264.
- Chakotay, born 2329.
- Kathryn Janeway, born May 20, c. 2336.
- Neelix, born c. 2337.
- Tom Paris, born c. 2346.
- B'Elanna Torres, born 2349.
- Harry Kim, born 2349.
- Seven of Nine, born June 24, 2350.
- Kes, born 2370.
- The Doctor, activated 2371.
- Events of Star Trek: Voyager (c. 2371–2378)
Video games 
- A map for role-playing plug-in for the widely popular Half-Life modification The Specialists, named by the creators of the Havoc9 Gaming Network as Xenon City takes place in the years 2346 to its destruction that takes place 70 years later.
- Many games based in the Star Trek universe take place in the 24th century.
- In the StarCraft series, 40,000 humans are exiled from Earth in 2309. They reach the Koprulu Sector on the Galactic Rim in 2337. Stranded on three separate worlds, they are reunited in 2397.
- The FreeSpace Series, a sci-fi space starfighter sim, takes place from 2335 to 2367.
- Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos, a large-scale spacecraft game, takes place in years 2378 and 2393.
- The Journeyman Project, a computer game, set in 2318.
- The Journeyman Project: Buried In Time, a computer game, set in 2328.
- Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri takes place in 2327, usually referred to as ClanYear 124, in the date system used by the Clans inhabiting Alpha Centauri.
- Unreal Tournament series, a first-person shooter (c. 2341–2362).
- Mega Man Zero takes place sometime after 2302, but officially takes place in 22XX, at least four years earlier.
- 2348 Gain Ground.
- The character R.A.X. Coswell from the Sega Genesis video game, Eternal Champions is from the year 2345.
- Operation: Matriarchy takes place around 2350.
- In the Star Fleet Universe, Y1—the year of First Contact between humanity and the Vulcans, has been postulated as occurring in 2400, although the Star Trek: First Contact movie previously mentioned identifies the year of first contact as 2063.
- The TimeSplitters 2 level 'Robot Factory' is set in the year 2315.
- The Killzone Series takes place in the years 2350–2352
- The Zybourne Clock epic begins on Wednesday, January 19, 2381. (In actuality, this date falls on a Monday.)
- Jak II and Jak 3 take place in the years 2303 and 2304, respectively. Jak II takes place 300 years after Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
- Dead Space 3 prologue is set in June 18, 2314.
- In Grand Theft Auto IV the character Elizabeta Torres is arrested and sentence to 300 years, from 2008 to 2308.
- Max Payne 4 will be set during March of 2329.
Other Games 
Comic books 
Centuries and millennia 
External links