|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Mol. mass||380.275 g/mol|
| (what is this?)
25B-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-B, BOM 2-CB, Cimbi-36, New Nexus) is a derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-B, discovered in 2004 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin. It acts as a potent partial agonist for the 5HT2A receptor. Anecdotal reports from human users suggest 25B-NBOMe to be an active hallucinogen at a dose of as little as 400-650mcg insufflated, making it a similar potency to other phenethylamine derived hallucinogens such as bromo-dragonfly. Duration of effects lasts about 10 h.
The carbon-11 labeled version of this compound ([11C]Cimbi-36) was synthesized and validated as a radioactive tracer for positron emission tomography (PET) in Copenhagen. As a 5-HT2A receptor agonist PET radioligand, [11C]Cimbi-36 was hypothesized to provide a more functional marker of these receptors. Also, [11C]Cimbi-36 is investigated as a potential marker of serotonin release and thus could serve as an indicator of serotonin levels in vivo. Disturbances in both 5-HT2A receptor signaling and serotonin levels are involved in the pathophysiology of human diseases such as depression and schizophrenia.
The effects are similar to a cross between MDMA and Mescaline but last for about 6-8 hours with very active and beautiful visuals and euphoria. Sold on the street as "Gumdrops" and "Smiles."
See also 
- 2CBCB-NBOMe (NBOMe-TCB-2)
- 2CBFly-NBOMe (NBOMe-2CB-Fly)
- 2C-C-NBOMe (NBOMe-2CC)
- 25I-NBOMe (NBOMe-2CI)
- 2C-TFM-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-TFM)
- 25I-NBMD (NBMD-2CI)
- 25I-NBOH (NBOH-2CI)
- 25I-NBF (NBF-2CI)
- Ralf Heim PhD. (2010-02-28). "Synthese und Pharmakologie potenter 5-HT2A-Rezeptoragonisten mit N-2-Methoxybenzyl-Partialstruktur. Entwicklung eines neuen Struktur-Wirkungskonzepts." (in German). diss.fu-berlin.de. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Maria Silva PhD. Theoretical study of the interaction of agonists with the 5-HT2A receptor. Universität Regensburg, 2009.
- Silva ME, Heim R, Strasser A, Elz S, Dove S (January 2011). "Theoretical studies on the interaction of partial agonists with the 5-HT(2A) receptor". Journal of Computer-aided Molecular Design 25 (1): 51–66. doi:10.1007/s10822-010-9400-2. PMID 21088982.
- Hansen, M. (2011). Design and Synthesis of Selective Serotonin Receptor Agonists for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of the Brain. PhD Thesis, University of Copenhagen.
- Ettrup, A. E. A. ; Hansen, M.; Santini, M. A.; Paine, J.; Gillings, N.; Palner, M.; Lehel, S.; Herth, M. M. et al. (2010). "Radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of a series of substituted 11C-phenethylamines as 5-HT2A agonist PET tracers". European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 38 (4): 681–693. doi:10.1007/s00259-010-1686-8. ISBN 0025901016868. PMID 21174090.
- Ettrup, A.; Holm, S. R.; Hansen, M.; Wasim, M.; Santini, M. A.; Palner, M.; Madsen, J.; Svarer, C. et al. (2013). "Preclinical Safety Assessment of the 5-HT2A Receptor Agonist PET Radioligand \11C]Cimbi-36". Molecular Imaging and Biology. doi:10.1007/s11307-012-0609-4.
|This psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|