The Estonian 25 Krooni bill (25 EEK) is a denomination of the Estonian currency. Anton Hansen Tammsaare (1870–1940), who was a famous Estonian writer of classical literature, is featured on the front side of the bill, which is why the 25 Krooni bill is often called a "Tammekas or Tammsaare".
A view of Vargamäe is featured on the reverse side of the bill. The 25 Krooni bill is one of the primary banknotes (and in most cases, the main banknotes to be used in everyday shopping) dispensed by ATMs in Estonia as well as the primary bill used for withdrawals or cashing checks. It is, therefore, one of the highest denomination note most commonly used by Estonians on an everyday basis.
History of the banknote
- 1991: first series issued by the Bank of Estonia;
- 1992: second series issued;
- 2002: third series issued;
- 2007: fourth series issued;
- The watermark of the three lions is visible when the note is horizontal, but springs to life when the note is held against the light. The watermark is in two parts on the edges of the note.
- Each note contains a security thread.
- The portraits are printed in the main colour of the note and their raised surface can be felt with the fingertips.
- Each note has an individual serial number. The horizontal number on the left is printed in black and the vertical number on the right is printed in a different colour on each denomination.
- When the note is held at an angle to the light, the denomination of the note can be seen.
- Portrait watermark.
- Holographic foil stripe with microtext border.
- Dark security thread with transparent text "25EEK EESTI PANK".
- Tactile intaglio printed elements.
- Microprint, repeated text "ANTON HANSEN-TAMMSAARE".
- Microprint, repeated "25" within denomination numerals.
- Latent number "25".
- Latent lettering "EP".
- Signatures: President, Chairman of the Board.
- Anti-copier line-structure.
- Recognition sign for the visually handicapped.
- Number "25" appears when the note is held up to the light.
- UV-fluorescent fibres.
- UV-fluorescent motif of boggy landscape and security thread.
- UV-fluorescent block bearing denomination number.
- Serial numbers.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Estonian money.|