The 26th century of the anno Domini (common) era will span from January 1, 2501 to December 31, 2600 of the Gregorian calendar.
Astronomical events 
List of the long total solar eclipses 
- June 14, 2504: Solar eclipse, (7 min 10 s), of saros 145.
- June 25, 2522: at 9:04 TD, total solar eclipse of 7min 12s, "crowning" at the top the series of saros 145.[Note 1]
- July 5, 2540: Solar eclipse, (7 min 04 s), of saros 145.
- July 17, 2558: Solar eclipse, (6 min 43 s), of saros 145.
- August 6, 2567: Solar eclipse, (6 min 26 s), of saros 164.
- August 16, 2585: Solar eclipse, (6 min 16 s), of saros 164.
Particular eclipse prediction 
- May 5, 2600: First total solar eclipse visible from London since 2151.
The width of its path is predicted to be exceptionally wide at its maximum point.
Other phenomena 
Science fiction set in the 26th century 
- The TV show Cleopatra 2525 is set in the year 2525. (The theme song for the show is a parody of the song In the Year 2525, mingled with the sound effects of futuristic weaponry.)
- The TV show Firefly is set in the year 2517, and follow Space Captain and Unification War veteran, Malcolm Reynolds, and his crew, across various planets.
- The eighth season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 is set in the year 2525. According to the show, 2525 is also the year of the end of planet Earth.
- The Doctor Who episode Earthshock, featuring the hijacking of a space freighter by Cybermen, is set largely in the year 2526.
- The Doctor Who episodes Frontier in Space and Planet of the Daleks take place in the year 2540.
- In the South Park episodes "Go God Go" and "Go God Go XII", Eric Cartman freezes himself in the year 2006 because he is too impatient to wait three weeks for the release of the Wii video game console. He is accidentally left frozen until the year 2546.
- In the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Azati Prime", Captain Jonathan Archer is briefly transported to a possible future 26th century (in the Star Trek universe) in which Klingon and Xindi crewmen serve the United Federation of Planets. Archer visits a possible version of USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) in this episode.
- The Planet of the Apes television series episode "Escape From Tomorrow" features a history book with a photograph of New York in the year 2503.
Video games 
- In the Year 2525, a 1969 Zager and Evans song, describes what life is like in 2525 (and later the years 3535, 4545 and many others). Disturbing predictions are given for each selected year.
Population of Earth 
Physicist Stephen Hawking, at a White House lecture in 1999, remarked that if there is no space colonization, population expansion continued unabated and the people of the Earth continued to use power at the rate they did then, then by the year 2600 people would be standing shoulder to shoulder and the Earth would glow red hot.
Notes and References 
- ^ The serie from the last total eclipse of the last millennium taken on August 11, 1999.
- ^ Solar eclipse of June 14, 2504
- ^ Solar eclipse of June 25, 2522
- ^ Solar eclipse of July 5, 2540
- ^ Éclipse solaire du July 17, 2558
- ^ Solar eclipse of August 6, 2567
- ^ Solar eclipse of August 16, 2585
- ^ Solar eclipse of May 5, 2600
- ^ Solar eclipse of June 14, 2151
- ^ a b Mutual Planetary Transits; Fifteen millennium catalog; Period 2 001 AD - 3 000 AD
- ^ http://clinton4.nara.gov/Initiatives/Millennium/shawking.html
Centuries and millennia