277 Park Avenue
|277 Park Avenue|
277 Park Avenue
|Location||277 Park Avenue, Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Opening||July 13, 1964|
|Roof||687 ft (209 m)|
|Floor area||1.5 million square feet (139,000 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Emery Roth & Sons|
277 Park Avenue is an office building in the Midtown Manhattan neighborhood of New York City. It stands on the east side of Park Avenue between 47th and 48th Streets; it is 687 feet (209 m) tall, with 50 floors.
The building currently houses parts of JPMorgan Chase's Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, and other corporate functions. JP Morgan's takeover of Bear Stearns in 2008 resulted in most investment banking employees moving to 383 Madison Avenue to reduce the leased real estate footprint in Midtown. 277 Park Avenue remains under the ownership of the family-owned Stahl Organization, the building's original developer.
Previous tenants have included Penthouse Magazine, Schlumberger, Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, and Chemical Bank (Predecessor to today's JPMorgan Chase). The office building opened on July 13, 1964.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- Cassidy Turley
- Cozen O’Connor
- The Hartford
- JPMorgan Chase
- Continental Grain Company
- MHP Real Estate Services
- Agricultural Bank of China
- Bank of India, US Operations
- Raymond James & Associates
- "277 Park Avenue". aviewoncities.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Stanley Stahl, a Bank Owner And Real Estate Investor, 75". The New York Times. August 6, 1999. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- Bagli, Charles V. (December 2, 2000). "Chase Says It Has Deal for Park Avenue Spot". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Chemical Bank Opens Doors of Tower on Park Avenue". The New York Times. July 13, 1964. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Gray, Christopher (March 17, 1991). "A Vanished Circular Driveway, an Old Brochure". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- John F Kennedy campaign The Daily What
- ANZ in the USA
- Leases Pending for Part of Midtown’s Biggest Sublease Space
- The Hartford takes two floors at 277 Park Avenue
- Agricultural Bank of China New York Branch
- Map: Coordinates:
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|