The 27 Infantry Division "Sila" served in Second Italo-Abyssinian War and was reorganized as the 27 Motorised Division "Brescia" prior to the start of World War II.
Order of Battle Oct. 1935
- XXVII Infantry Brigade
- 16th Infantry Regiment "Savona"
- 19th Infantry Regiment "Sila"
- 20th Infantry Regiment "Sila"
- 12th Artillery Regiment (3x artillery groups with 75/13)
- 27th Machine Gun Battalion
- 12th Engineers Company
- 27th Signal Company
- 27th Replacements Battalion
- Divisional Service Units
- Each Army Division in the Ethiopian Campaign had a Pack-Mules unit of 3000 mules and three Regimental Trucks units (20 light trucks each).