29th century BC
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2868 BC)
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Decades:||2890s BC 2880s BC 2870s BC 2860s BC 2850s BC
2840s BC 2830s BC 2820s BC 2810s BC 2800s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 29th century BC is a century which lasted from the year 2900 BC to 2801 BC.
- c. 2900 BC: Beginning of the Early Dynastic Period I in Sumer.
- c. 2900 BC – 2400 BC: Sumerian pictographs evolve into phonograms.
- 2900 BC – 2334 BC: Mesopotamian wars of the Early Dynastic period.
- c. 2900 BC – 2600 BC: Votive statues from the Square Temple of Eshnunna (modern Tell Ashmar, Iraq) were made. One of them is now in the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Excavated 1932–1933.
- 2897 BC: Hùng Vương established the Hồng Bàng Dynasty in Vietnam (then known as Văn Lang).
- 2890 BC: Egypt: Pharaoh Qa'a died. End of First Dynasty, start of Second Dynasty. Pharaoh Hotepsekhemwy started to rule.
- 2880 BC: Estimated germination of the Prometheus Tree
- c. 2874 BC: The 365-day calendar year was installed in ancient Egypt, with fixed lunar months of 30 days + 5 epagomenal days.
- 2852 BC: The beginning of the period of the Three August Ones and Five Emperors in China.
- 2832 BC: Estimated germination of the Methuselah Tree, the oldest known living organism
- 2807 BC: Suggested date for an asteroid or comet impact occurring between Africa and Antarctica, around the time of a solar eclipse on May 10, based on an analysis of flood stories. Possibly causing the Burckle crater and Fenambosy Chevron.
- Ur becomes one of the richest cities in Sumer
Decades and years
- Cambridge Conference Correspondence
- Did an Asteroid Impact Cause an Ancient Tsunami? - New York Times
- Iraq | Iraq Online Directory | Iraq Business Directory - About Iraq
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|