|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
|City of license||Bega, Batemans Bay|
|Broadcast area||New South Wales south coast|
|Slogan||Playing Your Favourites|
|Repeaters||1584 kHz, 105.5 mHz, 105.9 mHz|
|First air date||30 September 1937|
|Callsign meaning||East Coast Radio|
|Affiliations||2UE, 2GB, 3AW|
|Owner||East Coast Radio Pty. Ltd
(East Coast Radio Pty. Ltd)
|Sister stations||Power FM NSW South Coast|
2EC is a radio station broadcasting to the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia, specifically the local government areas of Eurobodalla and Bega Valley. It is owned by East Coast Radio Pty. Ltd, which is a subsidiary of Grant Broadcasters.
- 765 AM- Bega Valley and surrounds. Can be heard throughout most of the coverage area, and along the coastline for great distances. Transmitter is located at Kalaru ().
- 1584 AM- Narooma town and immediate surrounds. Because of the low power used by this translator, it can only be heard around 30 km distant. Transmitter is located just outside Narooma ().
- 105.5 FM- Eden and surrounds. Transmitting 1 kW from Bimmil Hill near Eden ( the translator covers Merimbula, Eden and Mallacoota (VIC) adequately. In exceptional atmospheric conditions, this transmitter can cover much of the 2EC license area, and has been heard as far north as Sydney. ),
- 105.9 FM- Eurobodalla local government area, plus some towns in the southern Shoalhaven such as Bawley Point and Lake Tabourie. Transmits at 20 kW (directional pattern) from Mt. Wandera west of Moruya ( In good atmospheric conditions, the transmitter can be heard in the Bega Valley region, as well as north to the Shoalhaven and Illawarra. The transmission has been heard as far north as Buladelah on the NSW north coast. ).
The station airs an adult contemporary format, playing the South Coast's biggest variety of music. 2EC primarily targets 35-54 year olds.
In contrast to many radio stations in regional Australia, 2EC airs very little networked programming. A strong focus is on the community, with segments such as Lost and Found, Jobfile and Community Contact featured throughout the day. Discussions about local events and issues are held regularly, with strong local news heard most hours.
The 2EC morning show often speaks to key local people such as Bega MP Andrew Constance and Eden Monaro Federal Member Mike Kelly.
The radio station has a very local feel, which is also incorporated with their websites, www.2ec.com.au and www.guidetofarsouthcoast.com.au
On air lineup (weekdays)
- Kimmi Saker- 6 am to 10 am (including Flock of 80s from 9am-10am)
- Pete Diskon- 10 am to 2 pm (including national news, national rural news and local news from 12pm-12:30pm)
- Tian Gerrand- 2 pm to 6 pm
- 20 20 Retro Countdown with Aaron Stevens- 6 pm to 8 pm
Weekend programming includes the 2EC Fishing Show, Real Estate Show and the 2EC Sports Show with Tony Megahey. Networked music program My Generation on Sunday mornings from 7am. The station is unique in NSW in that it takes both NRL and AFL coverage, possibly owing to its position near the Victorian border. AFL is heard Saturday afternoon from midday, whilst NRL is covered Friday night and Sunday afternoons with the 2EC Continuous Call Team.
- Croc Media (AFL coverage)
- 2GB Sydney (NRL coverage)
Power FM South Coast is a sister station, playing contemporary hit music.
-  New and improved radio services in the Bega region – Press release from The Australian Broadcasting Authority – 7 August 2004
-  2EC Website
-  East Coast Radio