|Type||Subsidiary of 2K Games|
|Founded||1997 (as Illusion Softworks)
2008 (as 2K Czech)
|Headquarters||Brno and Prague, Czech Republic|
|Products||Hidden & Dangerous
Hidden & Dangerous 2
Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
Enemy in Sight
Axel & Pixel
2K Czech (previously known as Illusion Softworks) is a game development company located in Brno and Prague, Czech Republic. The company focuses mostly on first-person and third-person shooter games, but is widely known for their Mafia series of video games. Since the foundation in 1997, till the sale to Kush Games (a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive) ten years later, its owners and key managers were founders Petr Vochozka and Jan Kudera. In September 2008, the company was renamed 2K Czech. As of October 2010[update], it had 188 employees.
The primary mission of Illusion Softworks was to develop games for the PC and game consoles (PlayStation, Dreamcast, Xbox etc.) The company's first well known game was Hidden & Dangerous, a tactical shooter game in 1999, where the player takes control of a four man British Special Air Service team executing a number of important sabotage and/or rescue campaigns during World War II. This game also represents the beginning of cooperation with worldwide publisher Take-Two Interactive. Their first 3D game was the not so famous - Flying Heroes, which featured fantasy mid-air action duels. In this game, Illusion Softworks presented a brand new 3D engine called the Ptero-Engine (named after The Pterodon company, which co-developed the software). The company prepared its own LS3D engine for the game Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, which was first released in 2002. The game met with great acclaim from critics and was even labeled the best game about the Mob because of its original plot and revolutionary capabilities within its gameplay. In 2003, Illusion Softworks released two games. The first being a first-person shooter entitled Vietcong, which was situated in the Vietnam War. This game had also been developed alongside Pterodon, using their enhanced Ptero-Engine II. The second game was a continuation to their first tactical shooter: Hidden & Dangerous 2, also made with the LS3D engine. The official sequel to Vietcong titled Vietcong 2, was released in 2005 (once again in cooperation with Pterodon).
A lesser known game developed by Illusion Softworks was Lurid Land (released March 30, 1998), a platformer-puzzle game.
Silver Wish Games was a division of Illusion Softworks. It was established in 2000 and closed early 2005.
In September 2010, they released Mafia II, the long awaited sequel to the original Mafia game. That same year, they also released three DLC missions for the game. 2K Czech released their first sports game, the third sequel to the popular tennis franchise: Top Spin 4. They were working on another first-person shooter game entitled Enemy In Sight, but it is currently shelved.
List of video games
|1999||Hidden & Dangerous||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|1999||Hidden & Dangerous: Fight for Freedom||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2002||Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|2003||Hidden & Dangerous 2||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2004||Vietcong: Fist Alpha[A]||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|2004||Wings of War||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|2004||Hidden & Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|2009||Axel & Pixel||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|2011||Top Spin 4||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
- Enemy in Sight (PC)
- Moscow Rhapsody - the project with accounting value CZK 129 million ($7 million) was terminated in fiscal year 2009
- Hi-Tech - third person action game
- Also unknown title city game set up in modern time
Silver Wish Games
Silver Wish Games is undercover name for non AAA games by 2K Czech. List of games released under Silver Wish Games name:
- Wings of War - 3rd person arcade flying game from WW1
- Chameleon - third-person stealth shooter
- Circus Grande - circus tycoon
- Circus Empire - next circus tycoon but released under Enlight
- Axel & Pixel - 3rd person adventure game, published by 2K Play
- Commercial register at justice.cz, identification number (IČ) 25347004 (till 2002 Jan Kudera held most of his stake in Illusion Softworks via his company Cash Reform Group, s.r.o.)
- Annual report of Illusion Softworks, a.s. for 2003, auditor PricewaterhauseCoopers Audit s.r.o.
- Annual report of Illusion Softworks, a.s. for 2007, auditor BDO Prima Audit s.r.o. (at the end of 2007 the sole owner of Illusion Softworks, a.s. was Kush Games, Inc.)
- Evaluation of 2K Czech by PriceWaterhauseCoopers, 17 December 2010, available at justice.cz
- GameSpy: Lurid Land
- recalculated using exchange rate of Czech National Bank for October 30, 2009 (17,883 CZK per USD)
- Annual report of 2K Czech, a.s. for fiscal year 2009, auditor BDO Audit s.r.o.