2 cm KwK 30
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The 2-cm-KwK 30 L/55 (2 cm Kampfwagenkanone 30 L/55) was a German 2 cm cannon used primarily as the chief weapon of the German SdKfz.121 Panzerkampfwagen II light tank . It was used in vehicles that saw action in the Spanish Civil War, and the Second World War.
The KwK 30 also served as the basis for the 20 mm C/30, an aircraft version that was mounted experimentally in some Heinkel He 112 fighters and proved to make an excellent ground-attack weapon during the Spanish Civil War. Direct ground-attack was not considered a priority for the Luftwaffe, however, and the cannon was not used on other designs.
An improved version the, 2 cm KwK 38 L/55 (2 cm Kampfwagenkanone 38 L/55) was used on the SdKfz.121 Panzerkampfwagen II (Ausf. J models onwards).
The 2 cm KwK 30 used the 20 x 138B cartridge.
- PzGr. (Armour Piercing)
- PzGr.40 (Armour Piercing Composite Rigid) (Can go through 40mm of armor at 100 meters and 20mm of armor at 500 meters)
- s.Pz.B.41 (Armour Piercing Composite Rigid)
- 2 cm Sprgr. 39 (High Explosive)
Vehicles mounted on
- Bergepanther SdKfz.179
- SdKfz.121 Panzerkampfwagen II
- SdKfz.222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen
- SdKfz.223 Leichter Panzerspähwagen
- SdKfz.231 Schwerer Panzerspähwagen
- SdKfz.232 Schwerer Panzerspähwagen