||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2014)|
|Type||Public company (AIM: RGO)|
|Industry||Mobile phone, Marketing|
2ergo is a provider of mobile-phone marketing and messaging services. Formed in 1999, it is based in Salford Quays, near Manchester, England. In April 2014, it was taken over by Eagle Eye, and is now a division of Eagle Eye.
The company is an international provider of software solutions for mobile phone and Smartphone marketing, business communications, mobile websites, mobile entertainment, mobile news and mobile banking. Its services are used in mobile phone and smartphone marketing, interactive messaging, mobile internet and publishing, smartphone applications, mobile ticketing and coupons, mobile security and secure payment solutions.
Mobile websites and publishing
The company has produced Smartphone applications for brands such as FOX Business, the Guardian (a UK national newspaper) and Rightmove, the largest real estate website in the UK.
Smartphone application development
Mobile Site Builder is a mobile publishing and content management solution. 2ergo's mobile site builder technology integrates with existing Content Management Systems(CMS) and enables content repurposing to ensure mobile websites render elegantly on all mobile devices. Video transcoding and hosting service enables device-optimized and downloadable videos.
The Revolution Awards In April 2010 2ergo was recognised for creativity and innovative, winning the “Best Use of Mobile” award for the Rightmove iPhone application.
MMA 2009 Global Awards – Finalist The Mobile Marketing Association awards recognise companies and their campaigns for spearheading the adoption of the mobile channel for marketing purposes. 2ergo was recognised for "Best Mobile Campaign – Messaging" in Latin America and "Best Mobile Campaign – Cross Media Integration" in India.
Mobile Advertising and Marketing Awards (MAMA) Gold and Silver Awards The Mobile Advertising and Marketing Awards recognises technologies, innovations and campaigns that moved the industry forward last year. 2ergo won a Gold Award for “Best Integrated and Cross-Platform Strategy Utilizing Mobile Marketing” for the Army National Guard “Warrior” campaign and a Silver Award for Mobile Site Builder in the "Best creativity or innovation in mobile marketing or advertising" category.
Mobile Star Awards – Winner Gold Star The Mobile Star Awards recognise the top mobile products, success stories and visionaries as chosen by readers of Mobile Village's free e-newsletter Go Mobile. 2ergo was honoured for its mobile website builder. Read the press release. Webby Awards – Official Honoree Of the more than 8,000 entries submitted to the 12th Annual Webby Awards, fewer than 15% were distinguished as an Official Honoree. This honour signifies an outstanding calibre of work.
Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Winner The Fast 50 programme honours business growth, technological innovation and UK entrepreneurial spirit and is one of the UK’s foremost technology award programmes. The Fast 50 award ranks the country’s 50 fastest-growing technology companies based on percentage growth over five years.
Salford Business Awards Winner Held in conjunction with Salford City Council, The University of Salford and the Chapel Street Business Group, the Salford Business Awards creates a platform to promote the city, its businesses and their growing successes. 2ergo was selected as the winner of the "Innovation Award".
Text messages complaints
On 18 September 2009, 2ergo were fined £80,000 by PhonepayPlus, regulator for premium rate phone-paid services, for sending misleading unsolicited marketing text messages. This was the 17th such complaint upheld where 2ergo was the service provider.
In June 2011, 2ergo announced they had put a hold on some of their SMS messaging services due to PhonePayplus Regulations. This resulted in the company issuing a profit warning.
In the year to 31 August 2011 2ergo announced pre-tax losses of 2.8 million from 800,000 in 2010. The company blamed this on 'the rapid evolution of the market and changes in industry regulation'
2012 profit warning and sale of overseas businesses
In February 2012 the company issued a profit warning and stated they had sold their overseas businesses, 2ergo Americas, 2ergo Australia and 2ergo India. The company said this would help stabilise the business by reducing monthly outgoings by £250,000. They have now focussed their business on a new application, Podifi, which is a mobile contactless payment and loyalty device.
- Thompson, Sarah (2007-01-29). "U.K. Stocks Increase; Yell and British Airways Pace the Advance". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Kevin Feddy (2010-04-19). "2ergo to move to Digital World Centre in Salford Quays". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Deals/Restructuring / 2ergo dials Chinese link". Thebusinessdesk.com. 2009-06-02. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Lepitak, Stephen. "Eagle Eye Group acquires 2ergo mobile coupon service in £4.5m deal". The Drum.
- "2ergo | CrunchBase Profile". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Andrews, Robert (2010-02-15). "App developer 2ergo is working on first iPad projects for four clients | Media". theguardian.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- [dead link]
- "2ergo to cut 30 jobs - Manchester Evening News". Menmedia.co.uk. 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Welcome to Brand Republic Digital Awards | Brand Republic Digital Awards". Revolutionawards.com. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "An abundance of global brands among the MMA Awards finalists (with links to campaigns)". mobiThinking. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Mobile Advertising and Marketing Awards, winners include Turkcell, AdMob…". mobiThinking. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2ergo Wins Mobile Star Award for Swift Mobile Website Publishing Solution". PRLog. 2008-11-18. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2ergo Make Deloitte Fast 50". Mobile Marketing Magazine. 2008-11-24. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Steve Playle. "UText messages take advantage of my 13-year-old daughter | Money". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "UPDATE: 2ergo's share price hit by new regulations - Manchester Evening News". Menmedia.co.uk. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2ergo losses widen to £2.8m - Manchester Evening News". Menmedia.co.uk. 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "2ergo issues profits warning after £2.4m sale - Manchester Evening News". Menmedia.co.uk. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2014-03-02.