3's & 7's
|"3s & 7s"|
|Single by Queens of the Stone Age|
|from the album Era Vulgaris|
|Released||June 4, 2007|
|Format||CD, 7" vinyl|
|Genre||Stoner rock, hard rock|
Troy Van Leeuwen
|Producer||Chris Goss and Josh Homme|
|Queens of the Stone Age singles chronology|
"3s & 7s" is the second single by Queens of the Stone Age from their 2007 album Era Vulgaris. It was released on June 4, 2007 and followed the digital download-only "Sick, Sick, Sick". The single debuted at number one on the United Kingdom rock chart and number nineteen on the official UK top 40 singles chart.
7" - 1
7" - 2
There are two other versions of this song.
- "3s & 7s" - 3:37 (Pre-Version)
- "3s & 7s" - 3:17 (Radio Edit)
The pre-version of the song features different lyrics and vocals during the bridge.
A video for the song was shot in Joshua Tree and directed by Paul Minor, whose previous music promo work included "Starlight" by Muse. After a number of images were placed on photo-sharing website Flickr, the video in its entirety was added to iFilm on September 26, 2007, a full three months after the single's European release. The video itself is a trailer for a fake movie entitled "3s & 7s" and is shot in a similar style to the exploitation films of the '60s and the 2007 film Grindhouse. Two versions of the video exist. The first version of the video contained full-frontal nudity. This version was then re-edited to remove all nudity, and the first version was then replaced with version two.
- Josh Homme – vocals, lead guitar, bass, electric piano
- Troy Van Leeuwen – rhythm guitar, lap steel guitar
- Joey Castillo – drums
|UK Rock Singles Chart||1|
|UK Singles Chart||19|
|US Modern Rock||25|
|Irish Singles Chart||36|
|Eurochart Hot 100 Singles||86|
- QOTSA unveil new album artwork, Uncut.com
- "Top 40 Rock Singles : 10.06.2007". BBC.co.uk. 2007-06-10. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "Queens of the Stone Age - 3s & 7s - chart trajectory". Chart Stats. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- Queens of the Stone Age - UK Singles Chart. officialcharts.com. Retrieved on Jan 03, 2013.