Members of the 30th Dáil
This is a list of the members who were elected to the 30th Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Oireachtas (legislature) of Ireland. These TDs (Members of Parliament) were elected at the 2007 general election on 24 May 2007 and met on 14 June 2007. The 30th Dáil was dissolved by President Mary McAleese, at the request of the Taoiseach Brian Cowen on 1 February 2011. The 30th Dáil lasted 1328 days, and saw a change of Taoiseach from Bertie Ahern to Brian Cowen.
Composition of the 30th Dáil
The position of Ceann Comhairle was contested by John O'Donoghue (FF) and Ruairi Quinn (Lab). Following a vote, John O'Donoghue was elected to this position. The position of Taoiseach was contested by Bertie Ahern (FF) and Enda Kenny (FG). Following a vote Bertie Ahern was elected to this position, making it his third consecutive term in office. On 7 May 2008, Brian Cowen was elected Taoiseach in place of Ahern, who had resigned. Séamus Kirk was elected Ceann Comhairle on 13 October 2009 following the resignation of O'Donoghue.
|Party||May 2007||January 2011|
Government coalition parties denoted with bullets (•)
This is a graphical comparison of party strengths in the 30th Dáil from January 2011, shortly before its dissolution.
- Note that this was not the official seating plan.
TDs by party
This is a list of TDs elected to Dáil Éireann in the 2007 general election, sorted by party. Note this table is a record of the 2007 general election results, it is not a record of the current status of the Dáil. The Changes table below records all changes in party affiliation.
TDs by constituency
The list is given in alphabetical order by constituency. Note this table is a record of the 2007 general election results, it is not a record of the current status of the Dáil. The Changes table below records all changes in party affiliation.
|14 June 2007||Cavan–Monaghan||Fianna Fáil||Ceann Comhairle||Rory O'Hanlon (FF) stands down as Ceann Comhairle|
|14 June 2007||Kerry South||Ceann Comhairle||Fianna Fáil||John O'Donoghue (FF) is elected Ceann Comhairle|
|28 November 2007||Cork East||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Ned O'Keeffe (FF) resigns from the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party|
|27 February 2008||Cork East||Fianna Fáil||Independent||Ned O'Keeffe rejoins the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party|
|8 April 2008||Mayo||Fianna Fáil||Independent||Beverley Flynn (Ind) re-joins Fianna Fáil|
|9 July 2008||Dublin South||Fianna Fáil||Death of Séamus Brennan (FF)|
|17 October 2008||Wicklow||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Joe Behan (FF) resigns from Fianna Fáil|
|13 November 2008||Donegal North–East||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Jim McDaid (FF) loses the Fianna Fáil party whip after abstaining in a vote on a health issue|
|2 January 2009||Dublin Central||Independent||Death of Tony Gregory (Ind)|
|6 June 2009||Dublin South||Fine Gael||George Lee (FG) takes the seat vacated by the death of Séamus Brennan|
|6 June 2009||Dublin Central||Independent||Maureen O'Sullivan (Ind) holds the seat vacated by the death of Tony Gregory|
|8 June 2009||Donegal South–West||Fianna Fáil||Pat the Cope Gallagher (FF) elected as a Member of the European Parliament|
|5 August 2009||Sligo–North Leitrim||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Jimmy Devins (FF) resigns the Fianna Fáil party whip in protest at cuts in cancer services at Sligo General Hospital|
|5 August 2009||Sligo–North Leitrim||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Eamon Scanlon (FF) resigns the Fianna Fáil party whip in protest at cuts in cancer services at Sligo General Hospital|
|13 October 2009||Kerry South||Fianna Fáil||Ceann Comhairle||John O'Donoghue (FF) resigns as Ceann Comhairle|
|13 October 2009||Louth||Ceann Comhairle||Fianna Fáil||Séamus Kirk (FF) is elected Ceann Comhairle|
|20 November 2009||Dublin Mid–West||Independent||Progressive Democrats||Mary Harney (PD) becomes an Independent TD following the dissolution of the Progressive Democrats|
|20 November 2009||Galway West||Independent||Progressive Democrats||Noel Grealish (PD) becomes an Independent TD following the dissolution of the Progressive Democrats|
|8 February 2010||Dublin South||Fine Gael||George Lee (FG) resigns from Dáil Éireann|
|23 March 2010||Waterford||Fianna Fáil||Martin Cullen (FF) resigns from Dáil Éireann|
|29 June 2010||Tipperary South||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Mattie McGrath (FF) loses the Fianna Fáil party whip after voting against a bill to ban stag hunting|
|2 November 2010||Donegal North–East||Independent||Jim McDaid (FF) resigns from Dáil Éireann|
|26 November 2010||Donegal South–West||Sinn Féin||Pearse Doherty (SF) takes the seat vacated by Pat the Cope Gallagher's election to the European Parliament|
|13 January 2011||Sligo–North Leitrim||Fianna Fáil||Independent||Eamon Scanlon rejoins the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party|
|25 January 2011||Tipperary South||Independent||Fianna Fáil||Mattie McGrath resigns from Fianna Fáil|
|25 January 2011||Sligo–North Leitrim||Fianna Fáil||Independent||Jimmy Devins rejoins the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party|
|28 January 2011||Dublin South–Central||Fianna Fáil||Seán Ardagh (FF) resigns from Dáil Éireann |
- Government of the 30th Dáil
- Ministers of State of the 30th Dáil
- Members of the 23rd Seanad
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- "Cowen confirmed as Taoiseach". BreakingNews.ie. 7 May 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2008.
- "Former Taoisigh". Department of the Taoiseach. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Kirk elected Ceann Comhairle". The Irish Times. 13 October 2009. Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- "Home Page". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- Rory O'Hanlon was returned automatically as the outgoing Ceann Comhairle, he was not elected as Fianna Fáil TD, although he is a member of the Fianna Fáil party. As he was not re-elected as Ceann Comhairle, he re-joined the Fianna Fáil parliamentary party.
- "Beverly Flynn readmitted to FF". RTÉ News. 3 April 2008. Retrieved 5 April 2008.
- "Tributes paid to Séamus Brennan". RTÉ News. 9 July 2008.
- "Full text of Joe Behan TD's resignation letter". The Irish Times. 17 October 2008. Retrieved 17 October 2008.
- "Dublin TD Tony Gregory dies". RTÉ News. 2 January 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- "Sligo's Scanlon Returned To Fianna Fáil Whip". Sligo Today. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- "FF leadership candidates address party". RTÉ News. 25 January 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Seán Ardagh resignation". Dáil Debates. Retrieved 9 March 2011.