||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
The 30th century BC is a century which lasted from the year 3000 BC to 2901 BC.
Stele bearing the name of Djet
- Before 3000 BC: Image of a deity, detail from a cong recovered from Tomb 12, Fanshan, Yuyao, Zhejiang, is made. Neolithic period. Liangzhu culture. It is now kept at Zhejiang Provincial Museum, Hangzhou.
- c. 3000 BC: Early agriculture in North Africa.
- 3000 BC – 2600 BC: Early Harappan period continues in the Indus Valley
- c. 3000 BC: Neolithic period ends.
- c. 3000 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of united Egypt, starts to reign.
- c. 3000 BC: Caral, the first city in the Americas, starts to be built.
- c. 3000 BC: Troy is founded.
- c. 3000 BC: There is an intense phase of burial at Duma na nGiall on the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of the High King of Ireland.
- c. 3000 BC: Stonehenge begins to be built. In its first version, it consists of a circular ditch and bank, with 56 wooden posts. 
- 3000 BC – 2350 BC: Scarlet Ware vase, from Tutub (modern Khafajah, Iraq) is made, it is now in Iraq Museum, Baghdad
- 3000 BC – 2000 BC: World population about 30 million.
- c. 3000 BC: Epidamnos civilization starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Cycladic civilization in the Aegean Sea starts
- c. 3000 BC: Minoan civilization starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Helladic period starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Norte Chico civilization in Northern Peru starts.
- c. 3000 BC: The Angono Petroglyphs are carved in the Philippines.
- c. 3000 BC: Aegean Bronze Age starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Middle Jōmon period starts in Japan.
- c. 2955 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of Egypt, dies
- c. 2950 BC: first definitive use of a Nebty name by Egyptian First Dynasty pharaoh, Semerkhet.
- c. 2920 BC: Djet, fourth pharaoh of Egypt.
Significant people 
Inventions, discoveries, introductions 
- ~5,000 years ago: Setting for Dawn of Empire by Sam Barone (the Eskkar Saga book 1)
- 3157 BC: Setting for Empire Rising by Sam Barone (the Eskkar Saga book 2)
- In the TV show, Stargate: SG-1, the native people of Earth successfully rebel against the Goa'uld in 2995 BC.
- 3000 BC: A zombie outbreak in Egypt in The Zombie Survival Guide
- ^ Memory and Monuments at the Hill of Tara by Erin McDonald, Chronika Journal
- ^ National Geographic, June 2008
- ^ http://sambarone.com/