332nd Static Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
332nd Static Infantry Division
332nd Infantry Division
The 332nd Static Infantry Division was raised over the winter of 1940-1941 and served on coastal defense duties in Brittany and along the Channel coast until early 1943. In October 1942 the division was reorganized as the 332nd Infantry Division (with improved mobility and offensive capabilities), and in the spring of 1943 it was transferred to the Russian Front where it fought in the Battle of Kursk under Army Group South in July. After the battle the division's remnants were used to reinforce other divisions, and it was written off the order of battle.
- Generalleutnant Heinrich Recke, 14 November 1940
- Generalleutnant Hans Kessel, 6 August 1941
- General der Infanterie Walter Melzer, 17 December 1942
- Generalleutnant Hans Schäfer, 1 January 1943
- Generalmajor Adolf Trowitz, 5 June 1943
- Operation Jubilee order of battle
- Division (military), Military unit, List of German divisions in WWII
- Heer, Wehrmacht
- "332. Infanterie-Division". German language article at www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de. Retrieved April 9, 2005.
|This German World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|