36th century BC
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 3501 BC)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
|Millennium:||4th millennium BC|
|Decades:||3590s BC 3580s BC 3570s BC 3560s BC 3550s BC
3540s BC 3530s BC 3520s BC 3510s BC 3500s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Civilization in Sumer (Uruk period).
- Beginning of the construction of the megalithic Ggantija temple complex in Malta.
- Mnajdra solar temple complex, Malta
- Colombia, first rupestrian art at Chiribiquete (Caquetá).
- In Egypt, evidence found of mummification around this time at a cemetery in Nekhen (Hierankopolis).
- Fortified town at Amri on the west bank of the Indus River.
- Baden culture (present-day Moravia, Hungary, Slovakia and Eastern Austria)
- Funnelbeaker culture (north central Europe and southern Scandinavia)
- Boian culture, Phase IV or Spanţov Phase (also known as the Boian-Gumelniţa culture) (lower Danube river)
- Chasséen culture (present-day France)
- Pfyn culture (present-day Switzerland)
- Cucuteni-Trypillian culture (present-day Romania, Moldova and Ukraine)
- Beginning of Wartberg culture (present-day Germany)
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- First known use of tin (with bronze implements). Evidence of bronze for this date has been found in Thailand (in the Ban Chang culture) and Egypt.
- First known evidence of popcorn. Excavations of the Bat Cave in Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico in 1948 and 1950 discovered ears of popcorn dated to circa 3600 BC.
- Timeline Egypt Timelines of History.
- Thailand History: Bronze Age - 1511
- Artigiana del Peltro
- Popcorn: Ingrained in America's Agricultural History. National Agricultural Library.
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|