|Factorization||5 · 7|
|Divisors||1, 5, 7, 35|
35 is the number of ways that three things can be selected from a set of seven unique things also known as the "combination of seven things taken three at a time".
35 is a highly cototient number, since there are more solutions to the equation x - φ(x) = 35 than there are for any other integers below it except 1.
Since the greatest prime factor of 352 + 1 = 1226 is 613, which is obviously more than 35 twice, 35 is a Størmer number.
35 is a discrete semiprime (or biprime) (5 × 7); the tenth, and the first with 5 as the lowest non-unitary factor. The aliquot sum of 35 is 13 this being the second composite number with such an aliquot sum; the first being the cube 27. 35 is the last member of the first triple cluster of semiprimes 33,34,35. 85,86,87 is the second such triple discrete semiprime cluster.
35 is the highest number one can count to on one's fingers using base 6.
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1870 (1871 BC) July 25 and ended on -373 (374 BC) January 9. The duration of Saros series 35 was 1496.5 years, and it contained 84 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -1550 (1551 BC) May 14 and ended on -252 (253 BC) July 1. The duration of Saros series 35 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.
- Under NCAA rules for men's basketball, the offensive team has 35 seconds to attempt a shot.
- The jersey number 35 has been retired by several North American sports teams in honor of past playing greats or other key figures:
- In Major League Baseball:
- In the NBA:
- In the NHL:
- In MotoGP, 35 is the rider number of British rider, Cal Crutchlow.
In other fields
35 is also:
- 35 mm film is the basic film gauge most commonly used for both analog photography and motion pictures
- "35 c", a song by Jagúar from the album Jagúar
- The designation of Interstate 35, a freeway that runs from Texas to Minnesota and the only freeway to have East–West divisions (in two places, the Twin Cities and the DFW Metroplex)
- Convoy of 35 Israeli soldiers, who were killed in the war of independence in 1948
- Licence Plate code of Izmir/Turkey.
- XXXV (album), the thirty-fifth anniversary album by folk rock band Fairport Convention
- 35 is the title of a book written by Casper Schipper
- The F-35 Lightning II Aircraft
- The minimum age of candidates for election to the United States Presidency.