||It has been suggested that Rupesh Paul Productions Limited be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2014.|
|Born||Amballur, Thrissur, Kerala|
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, poet.|
|Children||Gowri Mariya Paul,Adithya Immanuel Paul|
Rupesh Paul is an Indian film director, screenwriter and poet. He has directed movies like Kamasutra 3D (2015), Saint Dracula 3D (2012), My Mother's Laptop (2008), The Temptation Between My Legs (2008), You Can't Step Twice Into the Same River (2008), Mrigam (2010), Pithavum Kanyakayum (2010), and What The F (2013).
He is also the CEO and founder of the Film Production House: Rupesh Paul Productions Limited. The next feature he will be directing is The Vanishing Act  which is based on the mysterious disappearance of the Malaysian Flight MH370 which recently gained much media attention.
Rupesh was born at Cherthala in Alappuzha district, Kerala, the son of M.C. Paul, an engineer and Rita Paul, a lecturer. Rupesh completed his elementary education from Thrissur and graduated from the University of Madras in Computer Engineering in 2001. He started writing poetry at the age of ten.
His first anthology of poems in Malayalam, Penkutty Oru Raashtramannu (“A Girl, a Nation it is”) published by DC Books bagged the ‘Changampuzha Award for the Best Young Poet’ in 1988. Later, he won the 1998 Mathrubhumi Kavitha Puraskaram. At the age of 22, he joined as a Sub-Editor with Malayala Manoram and later served as a Senior Correspondent with India Today.
In 2008 he made his first two short films were The Temptation Between My Legs, and One Cannot Step into Same River Twice. The earlier was denied the Censor Board Certificate, while the latter was screened at the Cannes Film Festival and the Florence Film Festival in 2010 thus receiving international attention. Rupesh Paul then directed a Malayalam movie, Laptop/ My Mother's laptop (2008) starring Suresh Gopi, Shweta Menon, Urmila Unni and Padmapriya, based on a short story by Subhash Chandran. In 2010, he directed three short films, Mrigam (The Beast), Pithavum Kanyakayum (Daddy, You Bastard) and Kanni(The Virgin).
In 2011, Rupesh wrote and directed his first international feature film, The Secret Diaries of Monalisa. The movie was shot in the UK, Italy and France. Rupesh developed his short story, "Drakulayude Ezhamathe Vadhu" into a novel and later into a movie, Saint Dracula 3D (2011). Produced by BizTV Network, the movie was made in the UK with a British cast. The film was premièred at the Cannes Film Festival in 2012.
In 2012, Rupesh Paul founded a Film Production Company, Rupesh Paul Productions Limited (also known as RPPL). The company is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The first project RRPL produced was Kamasutra 3D which will be released in 2015.
He directed Kamasutra 3D in 2013, which is under post-production stage. The movie starring Sherlyn Chopra is a periodic movie based on the ancient Indian treatise Kamasutra. Inspired by the historic text of the same name by Vatsyayana 
3D appears the best format to portray classic erotica, but it was hardly experimented till recently. It had remained as a tool to give the biggest jolt in horror movies. Nobody predicted that the Chinese stereoscopic porn would be a major hit. In fact, it out grossed 3D film Avatar. In the film, we are trying to give an extra dimension to the sexual positions described in the ancient treatise on the art of love.
The movie was screened at the Annual Cannes Film Festival in 2014. NaMo 4D, NaMo, Namo The Movie, 36 MM 3D, Monologues of a Sex Maniac, Savita Barbie, Rupesh Paul Productions Limited In 2012 Director Rupesh Paul founded a Film Production Company, Rupesh Paul Productions (also known as RPPL). The company is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The first project RRPL produced was Kamasutra 3D. According to the company website, RPPL is an integrated entertainment company, with other divisions like theatrical distribution, marketing and home videos.[non-primary source needed]
At the 67th Festival De Cannes (Cannes Film Festival) Rupesh Paul announced four more projects under his banner of Rupesh Paul Productions Limited. These projects were: The Vanishing Act, a fictional movie on a hijacked aircraft over the Indian ocean, 36 MM 3D, a fictional biopic on a reincarnated Marilyn Monroe, Monologues Of An Indian Sex Maniac and Savita Barbie 3D a fiction on two gangs of the Mumbai underworld.
The trailer of The Vanishing Act unveiled at the Cannes Film Festival of 2014, notched up more than 300,000 views in three days. The trailer created controversy with its subject matter of the Missing Malaysian plane MH 370. Defending the movie, Rupesh Paul said that movie though inspired by real life events wasn't cashing in on MH 370
In January 2014 producers hired Paul to direct NaMo, a film loosely based on Narendra Modi. As of May 2014[update] Victor Banerjee is expected to play the lead role. This would be the first 4D movie in India.
- “Laptop” (2008, Feature): Writer & Director
- “The Temptation Between My Legs” (2008, Short): Writer & Director
- “You Can't Step Twice Into the Same River” (2008, Short): Writer & Director
- “Mrigam” (2010, Short): Writer & Director
- “Pithavum Kanyakayum” (2010, Feature): Writer & Director
- “The Secret Diaries of Monalisa” (2011, Feature): Writer & Director
- “Saint Dracula 3D” (2012, Feature): Writer & Director
- “What The F” (2013, Feature): Writer & Director
- “Kamasutra 3D” (2015, Feature): Writer, Lyricist, Director
- “The Vanishing Act: The Untold Story of the Missing Malaysian Plane” (2015, Feature): Director
- “36 MM 3D” (undecided, Feature): Director
- [dead link]
- "You can’t step twice into the same river - River to River. Florence Indian Film Festival". Rivertoriver.it. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Manassiloru Mazhavillu on Kairalitv". kairalitvonline. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Rupesh Paul - Rupesh Paul Biography". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Sagorika Dasgupta (23 November 2012). ""Funding is not imaginary here" | Box Office India : India’s premier film trade magazine". Box Office India. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Name * (24 May 2012). "Epic Studios does Stereo and DI for Saint Dracula 3D". AnimationXpress. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Sherlyn Chopra's Kamasutra 3D in the contention list for Oscars 2014 in 3 categories". One.in. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Kamasutra 3D .:: Official Website ::
- Sherlyn's 'Kamasutra 3D' gets record sales at Cannes - Video | The Times of India
- 'Kamasutra 3D' gets record sales in Cannes - Malayalam Movie News
- Kamasutra 3D at the Internet Movie Database
- "Rupesh Paul". Rupesh Paul. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- The Vanishing Act Trailer - Cannes 2014 - YouTube
- Cannes: Movie-maker courts controversy with MH370 thriller - CNN.com
- Indian director defends film inspired by Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 | Film | theguardian.com
- Kamasutra 3D director to direct film on Narendra Modi : India, News - India Today
- Not Paresh Rawal, Victor Banerjee will play the lead role in NaMo - daily.bhaskar.com
- "Narendra Modi's biopic starring Paresh Rawal to be released in 4D: Bollywood, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2014-07-28.