36th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|36th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry "The Fox River Regt"|
Illinois state flag
|Active||September 23, 1861 to October 8, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge
Battle of Perryville
Battle of Stone's River
Battle of Chickamauga
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Franklin
Battle of Nashville
The regiment was mustered out on October 8, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 11 officers and 193 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 127 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 332 fatalities.
- Colonel Nicholas Greusel - resigned on February 7, 1863.
- Colonel Silas Miller - died of wounds received at the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain on July 27, 1864.
- Lieutenant Colonel Benjamin F. Campbell - Mustered out with the regiment.
- Lt. Colonel Porter Olsen, Killed at Franklin, Tenneessee
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- Company B of the 36th Illinois Regiment of Volunteers: Living History
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf3.htm#36th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/036-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|