From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 36th century)
The fourth millennium is a period of time that will begin on January 1, 3001, and will end on December 31, 4000, of the Gregorian calendar.
Predicted events 
- Global sea levels could rise by 6.8 metres by the 31st century under a high emissions scenario.
- December 18, 3089: First transit of Venus which is not part of a pair since November 23, 1396.
- 3117: Minimum time by which, according to physicist Andrew Kennedy, humanity can expect to have reached Barnard's Star, assuming an annual economic growth rate (and corresponding increase in power output) of 1.4% from 2007.
- Due to the precession of the equinoxes, γ Cephei will be the pole star between 3000 and 5200.
- July 22, 3126: Venus occults Regulus
- October 21, 3187: Venus occults Regulus again
- The Time pyramid, a public art work at Wemding, Germany, is scheduled for completion in 3183.
- October 8, 3230: Venus occults Spica
- December 20, 3332: Transit of Venus.
- 3412: Expected return of Comet McNaught-Russell
- October 25, 3414: Venus occults Regulus
- ~3500: According to Tzedakis, et al. time by which Earth will have entered a new glacial maximum.
- December 23, 3575: Transit of Venus
- 3711/12: multi-triple conjunction between Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- According to Nostradamus, his prophecies cover events from the present day (1555) to 3797
- 3811: The expected return of Comet Donati.
- December 25, 3818: Transit of Venus
- June 23, 3956: Transit of Venus
- August 27, 3982: Mercury occults Regulus.
In fiction 
- The TV show Futurama mainly takes place in the last two years of the 3rd millennium and the 30th century (2999–3000) in the first two seasons and in the third season and beyond it takes place in the first years of the 31st century (3001–3012). In this series, the head of Richard M. Nixon wins the planetary election of 3000 and becomes president of Earth. Also in the episode A Big Piece of Garbage the second garbage ball is expected to hit Earth by 4000.
- 3001: The Final Odyssey, the final novel in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series takes place in 3001.
- The JLA villain the Lord of Time is from the year 3786.
- The DC Comics Legion of Super-Heroes come from the 31st century.
- The Marvel Comics time-travelling villain Kang the Conqueror was born around the year 3000, and is descended from Nathaniel Richards, who travelled to that era making it a time of peace and prosperity.
- "Irreversible Warming Will Cause Sea Levels to Rise for Thousands of Years to Come, New Research Shows". Science Daily.
- Kennedy, Andrew (July 2006). "Interstellar Travel: The Wait Calculation and the Incentive Trap of Progress". Journal of the British Interplanetary Society (JBIS) 59 (7): 239–246.
- Conception Official Zeitpyramide website, accessed: 14 December 2010
- Tzedakis, P.C. et al. Determining the natural length of the current interglacial. Nature Geoscience (2012) vol. 5 (2) pp. 138-141
- NASA: Eclipses in the fourth Millennium
- Occultations of Regulus by planets
- Occultations of bright stars by inner planets
- Triple planetary conjunctions