From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 37th century)
"3001" redirects here. For other uses, see 3001 (disambiguation).
"3005" redirects here. For the song, see 3005 (song).
"3008" redirects here. For the car, see Peugeot 3008.
"3400s" redirects here. For the 3400S automobile, see Ruf 3400S.
- Global sea levels could rise by 6.8 metres by the 31st century under a high emissions scenario.
- December 18, 3089: First transit of Venus which is not part of a pair since November 23, 1396.
- 3117: Minimum time by which, according to physicist Andrew Kennedy, humanity can expect to have reached Barnard's Star, assuming an annual economic growth rate (and corresponding increase in power output) of 1.4% from 2007.
- Due to the precession of the equinoxes, γ Cephei will be the pole star between 3000 and 5200.
- The Time pyramid, a public art work at Wemding, Germany, is scheduled for completion in 3183.
- December 20, 3332: Transit of Venus.
- 3412: Expected return of Comet McNaught-Russell
- 3500: According to Tzedakis, et al. time by which Earth will have entered a new glacial maximum.
- 3711/12: multi-triple conjunction between Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- According to Nostradamus, his prophecies cover events from the present day (1555) to 3797
- The expected return of Comet Donati.
Main article: 4th millennium in fiction
- The TV show Futurama mainly takes place in the last two years of the 3rd millennium and the 30th century (2999–3000) in the first two seasons and in the third season and beyond it takes place in the first years of the 31st century (3001–3013).
- 3001: The Final Odyssey, the final novel in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series takes place in 3001.
- The DC Comics Legion of Super-Heroes come from the 31st century.
- Many of the contemporary events in BattleTech history take place between the year 3000 and 3200
- In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, the song "What Would Brian Boitano Do" says that in the year 3010, Brian Boitano traveled through time to defeat an Evil Robot King.
- "Irreversible Warming Will Cause Sea Levels to Rise for Thousands of Years to Come, New Research Shows". Science Daily.
- Kennedy, Andrew (July 2006). "Interstellar Travel: The Wait Calculation and the Incentive Trap of Progress". Journal of the British Interplanetary Society (JBIS) 59 (7): 239–246.
- Conception Official Zeitpyramide website, accessed: 14 December 2010
- Tzedakis, P.C. et al. Determining the natural length of the current interglacial. Nature Geoscience (2012) vol. 5 (2) pp. 138-141