37th century BC
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||4th millennium BC|
|Decades:||3690s BC 3680s BC 3670s BC 3660s BC 3650s BC
3640s BC 3630s BC 3620s BC 3610s BC 3600s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
- In the south of England, a rapid expansion of monument building occurred around 3700 BC.
- In the city of Uruk, southern Mesopotamia, groups of tokens representing commercial transactions begin to be enclosed in hollow clay balls and kept in archives.
- The Maykop culture, a major Bronze Age archaeological culture in the Western Caucasus region of Southern Russia, began around 3700 BC.
- "Archaeology dating technique uncovers 'property boom' of 3700 BC". The Guardian. June 6, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "From lumps of clay to arithmetic and grammar". Washington Post. Highbeam Research. December 6, 1993. Retrieved September 2, 2012. (subscription required)
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|