|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||5th century BC – 4th century BC – 3rd century BC|
|Decades:||410s BC 400s BC 390s BC – 380s BC – 370s BC 360s BC 350s BC|
|Years:||385 BC 384 BC 383 BC – 382 BC – 381 BC 380 BC 379 BC|
|382 BC by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||382 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||372|
|Bahá'í calendar||−2225 – −2224|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
2315 or 2255
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
2316 or 2256
|Coptic calendar||−665 – −664|
|Ethiopian calendar||−389 – −388|
|- Vikram Samvat||−325 – −324|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2720–2721|
|Igbo calendar||−1381 – −1380|
|Iranian calendar||1003 BP – 1002 BP|
|Islamic calendar||1034 BH – 1033 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2293 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||162|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 382 BC.|
Year 382 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Tribunate of Crassus, Mugillanus, Cornelius, Fidenas, Camerinus and Mamercinus (or, less frequently, year 372 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 382 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Pelopidas, a Theban general and statesman, flees to Athens and takes the lead in attempts to liberate Thebes from Spartan control.
- In punishment for his unauthorized action in the previous year of taking over Thebes, Phoebidas is relieved of his command, but the Spartans continue to hold Thebes. The Spartan king Agesilaus II argues against punishing Phoebidas, on the grounds that his actions had benefited Sparta, and this was the only standard against which he ought to be judged.
- Evandrus takes over being Archon of Athens from Phanostratus.
- Philip II, king of Macedon (d. 336 BC), son of Amyntas III of Macedon and Eurydike of Lynkestis
- Antigonus I Monophthalmus (d. 301 BC), Macedonian general under Alexander the Great and king of Macedon 306-301
In the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, it is the year in which Ollivander's Wand shop was opened.