The 399th Bombardment Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Fourth Air Force, being stationed at March Field, California. It was inactivated on 31 March 1944.
Activated during World War II initially as a Second Air Force B-24 Liberator operational training unit (OTU). Reassigned to Fourth Air Force in late 1943 as a replacement training unit (RTU) when Second Air Force switched to B-29 Superfortress training.
- Constituted as 399th Bombardment Group (Heavy) on 15 February 1943
- Activated on 1 March 1943
- Disbanded on 31 March 1944.
- 604th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 605th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 606th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 607th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.