3D city models
3D city models are digital representations of the Earth’s surface and related objects belonging to urban areas (like cities, factories, buildings, etc.). The modeling language for 3D city models is for example CityGML.
In recent years 3D city models have been used for many applications:
- to visualize the cities for various purposes (e.g. tourism, virtual tours),
- for urban planning,
- in navigation systems,
- in intelligent transportation systems,
- for noise modeling,
- large area thermographic inspections of buildings (see also IR thermography).
To Authors: Update broken links!
- "Stadler, A., Kolbe, T. H. (2007): Spatio-Semantic Coherence in the Integration of 3D City Models; Proceedings of 5th International ISPRS Symposium on Spatial Data Quality ISSDQ 2007 in Enschede".
- "Hammoudi K., Dornaika F. A Featureless Approach to 3D Polyhedral Building Modeling from Aerial Images. Sensors. 2011; 11(1):228-259.".
- "Hammoudi K. Contributions to the 3D city modeling: 3D polyhedral building model reconstruction from aerial images and 3D facade modeling from terrestrial 3D point cloud and images. Ph.D. thesis in signal and image processing, Université Paris-Est, 234p., 2011.".
- "Ben-Joseph, E., Ishii, H., Underkoffler, J., Piper, B., Yeung, L., 2001. Urban simulation and the luminous planning table: Bridging the gap between the digital and the tangible. Journal of Planning Education and Research 21 (2), 196-203.".
- "Portalés, C.; Lerma, J.L.; Navarro, S. Augmented reality and photogrammetry: A synergy to visualize physical and virtual city environments. ISPRS J. Photogramm. Remote Sens. 2010, 65, 134-142".
- "IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society".
- "M. Lancelle and D. Fellner, "Current Issues on 3D City Models," Proc. Image and Vision Computing, 2004, pp. 363–369".
- "Iwaszczuk D, Hoegner L, Stilla U (2011) Matching of 3D building models with IR images for texture extraction. In: Stilla U, Gamba P, Juergens C, Maktav D (eds) JURSE 2011 - Joint Urban Remote Sensing Event, 25-28".
- Hoegner L, Kumke H, Meng L, Stilla U (2007) Automatic extraction of textures from infrared image sequences and database integration for 3D building models. PFG Photogrammetrie Fernerkundung Geoinformation, 2007(6): 459-468
|This scientific software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|