3 Hammers (sometimes called Three Hammers) is a strong white cider made in Tiverton, Devon, England by the Aston Manor Brewery. Before 2009 it was made by the Devon Cider Company, until that company was taken over by Aston Manor. The cider is named after a small village near Tiverton.
The strength and cheapness of this and similar white ciders has made them subject to calls for higher taxation to reduce the potential for abuse. In 2006 a litre of 3 Hammers could be bought for £1.19, cheaper by volume than a bottle of Perrier water at 99p for 75. It can be purchased in Salisbury Store for £3.89 a bottle, which is great value for money considering there is roughly 22 units per bottle. Some potential side effects of drinking Hammers include serious bants, nudges and unexpected explosive shits for days after. nbsp;cl.
- "£8m rescue cider firm set to invest further £4m in Westcountry plant". This is Devon. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- Swanson, Ian (4 December 2006). "Drugs tsar urges ministers to up price of 'antisocial' cider - Edinburgh Evening News". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- MBO to save Devon cider. Published: 9 August 2007 Written by: OLN News Desk
- The murky world of white cider, James Crowden
- Could the Cider Tap go Dry at a Tiverton Brewery?. Mid Devon Gazette, Thursday, October 22, 2009
- PC Zone staff (December 2005). "PC Preview: Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers Gameplay Preview". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Retrieved 2011-02-24. A game review that mentions the cider and its label that conveys the idea of "getting hammered by a multiple of three".
|This drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|