|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Studio album by Jon Anderson|
|Length||39:33 (1985 Original Release)
63:54 (2007 CD Remaster)
Opio Media CD
|Producer||Roy Thomas Baker|
|Jon Anderson chronology|
3 Ships is the fourth solo album by Yes lead singer Jon Anderson, released on Elektra Records in 1985. It includes versions of traditional Christmas carols and original material by Yes lead singer Jon Anderson. The three ships reference comes from the song "I Saw Three Ships," which states, "I saw three ships come sailing in, on Christmas day in the morning".
The 'Holiday Card Pack, Jon Anderson Special Edition' came with a personal autograph from Jon, as well as a set of five Christmas cards. Each card displayed an image of an Anderson watercolour painting.
3 Ships was reissued on Compact Disc in 2007. This remastered '22nd Anniversary Edition' contains all of the album's original songs, plus five bonus tracks, two of which were previously unreleased.
Track listing (Original 1985 LP version)
- Save All Your Love 1:23
- Easier Said Than Done 4:14
- 3 Ships 3:43
- Forest of Fire 3:31
- Ding Dong! Merrily on High 1:58
- Save All Your Love (Reprise) 3:10
- The Holly and the Ivy 3:07
- Day of Days 3:36
- 2000 Years 0:57
- Where Were You? 3:55
- O Holy Night 4:16
- How It Hits You 5:12
- Jingle Bells 0:31
Track listing (2007 CD version)
Tracks marked by * are bonus tracks not available on the original album.
- Give Hope * 4:37 [recording era of this song is unknown]
- Save All Your Love 1:22 (Anderson)
- Easier Said Than Done 4:14 (Vangelis)
- Three Ships 3:39 (Traditional)
- Candle Song * 3:32 [from Jon Anderson's Change We Must album, recorded 1993-94]
- Forest of Fire 3:33 (Anderson)
- Ding Dong Merrily on High 1:57 (Traditional)
- Hurry Home * 6:47 [from Jon Anderson's Change We Must album, recorded 1993-94]
- Save All Your Love (Reprise) 3:10 (Anderson)
- The Holly and the Ivy 3:07 (Traditional)
- Day of Days 3:32 (Anderson)
- Ave Verum * 3:26 [from Jon Anderson's Toltec album, recorded 1989-90]
- 2,000 Years 0:56 (Anderson)
- Where Were You? 3:55 (Anderson)
- Oh Holy Night 4:15 (Traditional)
- How It Hits You 5:09 (Anderson)
- Jingle Bells 0:32 (Traditional)
- Ray of Hope * 6:11 [J.Anderson/M.Marshall/D.Black] 1991
- Jon Anderson: Lead Vocals
- "Beyond War Philharmonic" – Orchestration
- Concert Master: Paul Cheng
- Conducted by Bob Esty
- Gospel Choir: Calvary Baptist Church, Santa Monica
- Inspirational Choir, courtesy of Pastor Robert de France, Jr.
- Choir Director: William Bryant II
- Children's Choir: "Reach for the Stars Singers"
- Choir Director: Marta Woodhull
- Sandra Crouch & Friends: Directed by Andre and Sandra Crouch & Gary Lanier
- Sandra Crouch: special guest Duet Vocals on "Oh Holy Night"
- Jade Anderson: Additional Vocals on "Jingle Bells"
- Rhett 'Pepsi' Lawrence: Fairlight CMI,
- Mike Marshall GB: Keyboards, orchestration
- Trevor Rabin and Elliot Easton: Guitar
- Frankie Banali & R.J. Parnell: Drums & Percussion
- Paulinho da Costa: Percussion
- Novi Novog: Electric Viola
- Produced by Roy Thomas Baker for RTB Audio Visual Productions, U.S.A.
- Engineered & Mixed by George Tutko
- Assistant Engineering by Jim McMahon
- Additional Mixing by Brad Gilderman
- Recorded at Crystal Studios, Hollywood CA.
- Production Co-ordination by Bob Keasler, assisted by Freddie Henderson & Jem Scott
- Re-Issue Engineering & Mastering by Mike Pietrini
- Executive Producer: Rob Ayling for Voiceprint Group of Companies
- Musical Arrangements by Bob Esty except track 18, Mike Marshall GB
- Art Direction and Design by KOSH & Larson
- Cartography by Bob Blakeman
Album – Billboard (North America)
|1986||The Billboard 200||166|
Singles – Billboard (North America)
|1986||"Easier Said Than Done"||Adult Contemporary||38|