|3d Search Attack Squadron
||United States Air Force
The 3d Search Attack Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the 1st Search Attack Group, based at Langley Field, Virginia. It was inactivated on 10 April 1944.
Tested electronic equipment and trained crews for its use in antisubmarine operations; antisubmarine patrols, Jan until late 1943.
- Constituted 2d Search Attack Squadron (Heavy) on 7 December 1942
- Activated on 10 December 1942
- Redesignated: 2d Search Attack Squadron (Heavy) on 22 November 1943
- Disbanded on 10 April 1944.
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.