3rd Corps of the Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2012)|
3rd Corps Patch
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Allegiance||Army of the Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Type||Motorized, Mountain and Infantry|
|Role||Defence of Zenica|
|Colors||Green and yellow|
The 3rd Corps of the Bosnian Army was one of five, later seven. It was established by the order of the Commander of Main Staff of the Bosnian Army Sefer Halilović on 9 November 1992 under Alija Izetbegović. This Corps was formed to unite the rest of the Territorial Defence Force of the Republic of Bosnia and Hercegovina and some Bosnian Special Forces and Civilian Forces.
The operational zone for the 3rd Corps were the districts of : Banja Luka, Bosanska Dubica, Bosanska Gradiška, Breza, Bugojno, Busovača, Čelinac, Donji Vakuf, Gornji Vakuf, Jajce, Kakanj, Kotor Varoš, Kupres, Laktaši, Mrkonjić Grad, Novi Travnik, Prnjavor, Skender Vakuf, Srbac, Šipovo, Travnik, Vitez, Zavidovići, Zenica and Žepče. Because of the fighting, there was a quick change in the territory and Vareš was included.
The Headquarters of the 3rd Corps was in Zenica. It was composed of a number of centers:
- Center for operational command which had intelligence on the civilians, MUP-a, which the more important intelligence was given to the command of the 3rd Corps.
- Center for relations, the planning of all the relations connection to the 3rd Corps command.
- Military Intelligence Service: a service for counter-intelligence, military police, protection of the commands and other objects. The Commander was Ramiz Dugalić.
- 1st Commander: Enver Hadžihasanović (Dec. 1992 to Nov. 1993)
- 2nd Commander: Mehmed Alagić (Nov. 1993 - Jan 1994)
- 3rd Commander: Kadir Jusić (Jan.1994 - Sep 1994)
- 4th Commander: Sakib Mahmuljin (Sep. 1994 - end of war )
In February 1993, four operational groups were created under the command of Envera Hadžihasanovića, the goal was to connect the 3rd Corps forces on the battlefield and the 3rd Corps Command:
- Operational group Bosanska Krajina headquarters in Travnik, Commander at the time Mehmed Alagić
- Operational group Lašva in Kakanj,
- Operational group Bosna in Žepče or Zavidovići,
- Operational group Zapad in Bugojno, Commander Selmo Cikotić
- Operational group Visoko in Visoko, later renamed Operational group Istok. This belonged to the 1st Corps, then 6th Corps.
3rd Corps Units
- 3rd Corps Military Police
Operational group Bosanska Krajina
- 7th Muslim Brigade
- 17. Brigade
- 306. Brigade, once belonged to Operational group Zapad
- 325. Brigade
Operational group Lašva
- 309. Brigade
- 325. Brigade
- 333. Brigade
Operational group Bosna
- 318. Brigade
- 319. Brigade
Operational group Zapad
- 307. Brigade
- 308. Brigade
- 312. Brigade
- 317. Brigade
These brigades were under the direct command of the 3rd Corps Command.
- 301. Brigade
- 303. Mountain Brigade
- 304. Mountain Brigade Breza
- 314. Mountain Brigade