|Jmol-3D images||Image 1|
|Molar mass||218.29 g mol−1|
|Except where noted otherwise, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C (77 °F), 100 kPa)|
|(what is: / ?)|
4-HO-MET (4-hydroxy-N-methyl-N-ethyltryptamine, or metocin, methylcybin, Colour), is a lesser-known psychedelic drug. It is a structural− and functional analog of psilocin as well the 4-hydroxyl analog of MET. 4-HO-MET was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. In his book TiHKAL (Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved), the dosage is listed as 10-20 mg. 4-HO-MET produces psilocin-like distortion of color, sound, and form. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 4-HO-MET. There have been no reports of deaths from 4-HO-MET, even though people have reported taking doses up to 150 mg, more than an order of magnitude above the effective dose.
Users report similar effects to psilocin, including mydriasis, closed and open eye visuals, euphoria, time dilation and general change in thought processes. These effects occur in a wavelike pattern such as that of psilocybin with near-normal perception and high effect varying rapidly. The effects last for about 4–6 hours.
Similar to O-acetylpsilocin, a dose ranges from around 8 mg to 30 mg. However, this varies greatly as some report very heavy experiences with doses as low as 17 mg, yet others report light experiences with doses as high as 30 mg.
|Threshold||2 mg-8 mg|
|Light||5 mg-10 mg|
|Common||8 mg-15 mg|
|Strong||15 mg-30 mg|
Drug prohibition laws
Sveriges riksdag added 4-HO-MET to schedule I ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") as narcotics in Sweden as of May 1, 2012, published by Medical Products Agency in their regulation LVFS 2012:6 listed as 4-HO-MET 3-[2-[etyl(metyl)amino]etyl]-1H-indol-4-ol.
4-HO-MET is a class A drug in the UK, as a result of the tryptamine catch-all clause.
- Shulgin, Alexander; Ann Shulgin (September 1997). TiHKAL: The Continuation. Berkeley, California: Transform Press. ISBN 0-9630096-9-9. OCLC 38503252.
- "Erowid Experience Vaults / Cosmic Mind Orgy". Erowid. 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "4-HO-MET Effects". Erowid. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "4-HO-MET Dose". Erowid. 2011-08-18. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "Föreskrifter om ändring i Läkemedelsverkets föreskrifter (LVFS 2011:10) om förteckningar över narkotika;" (PDF) (in Swedish). Elanders Sverige AB. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2014-02-25.