|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Legal status||Not Currently Scheduled|
|Mol. mass||273.412 g/mol|
| (what is this?)
4-Methoxyphencyclidine (methoxydine, 4-MeO-PCP) is a dissociative anesthetic drug with hallucinogenic and sedative effects. Its dissociative effects are comparable to ketamine, but has slightly different effects due to its altered binding profile at various targets, particularly being significantly more potent as an NMDA antagonist while having around the same potency as a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. 4-MeO-PCP has noticeable SERT and NET affinity. An interesting thing to take note of, is that this compound has substantial affinity for sigma-1 receptor and sigma-2 receptor.
The positional isomer 3-MeO-PCP is also known. Being around 5 times more potent by weight than the 4-methoxy isomer it has around the same potency as PCP. 4-Meo-PCP was reportedly first sold within the UK from 2008 as a designer drug and research chemical by a company trading under the name CBAY.
- Vignon J, Vincent JP, Bidard JN, Kamenka JM, Geneste P, Monier S, Lazdunski M (July 1982). "Biochemical properties of the brain phencyclidine receptor". European Journal of Pharmacology 81 (4): 531–42. doi:10.1016/0014-2999(82)90342-9. PMID 6214413.
- Manallack DT, Wong MG, Costa M, Andrews PR, Beart PM (December 1988). "Receptor site topographies for phencyclidine-like and sigma drugs: predictions from quantitative conformational, electrostatic potential, and radioreceptor analyses". Molecular Pharmacology 34 (6): 863–79. PMID 2849051.
- Chaudieu I, Vignon J, Chicheportiche M, Kamenka JM, Trouiller G, Chicheportiche R (March 1989). "Role of the aromatic group in the inhibition of phencyclidine binding and dopamine uptake by PCP analogs". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior 32 (3): 699–705. doi:10.1016/0091-3057(89)90020-8. PMID 2544905.
- Manallack DT, Davies JW, Beart PM, Saunders MR, Livingstone DJ (October 1993). "Analysis of the biological and molecular properties of phencyclidine-like compounds by chemometrics". Arzneimittel-Forschung 43 (10): 1029–32. PMID 8267664.
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/119087/methoxetamine2012.pdf. Missing or empty
- [King LA. New drugs coming our way - what are they and how do we detect them? EMCDDA Conference, Lisbon, 6–8 May 2009 http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_78745_EN_4_King.pps]
|This psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|