|Founder||Dr. Robert Lewin|
|Services||Medical and Lawyer Referral Service|
The company 411 PAIN or 411-PAIN, formally 1-800-411-PAIN, is an American medical and lawyer referral service, which specializes in accident injury information services. The firm, based in Davie, Florida, was established in 1996 by chiropractor Dr. Robert Lewin. The Florida Trend cites the firm as one of Florida's larger for-profit lawyer referral services, and Biotech Week cites the company as one of America's "leading treatment and lawyer referral resources for people injured in auto accidents."
Background and trademark
The company was established in Florida in 1996 by chiropractor Dr. Robert Lewin. In a 2010 United States District Court Southern District of Florida case it states that they provide "assistance to victims of motor vehicle, slip and fall,work-related, and recreational accidents seeking medical, chiropractic and therapeutic care and legal advice by referring them to doctors and other health care professionals, scheduling appointments, and referring victims seeking legal advice to local attorneys."
In advertising, the company is known for its phrase, "After 911, Call 411, 1-800-411-PAIN."  Their radio and television-based commercials usually feature actors portraying police officers or emergency workers urging motor accident victims to contact both a lawyer and doctor as soon as possible after the crash after calling 911. In 2011, the firm introduced an iPhone application which provides accident victims with the opportunity to "catalog and report an accident to 411 PAIN, including pictures of the vehicles involved, photos of drivers' licenses, insurance cards and license plates, and record any bodily pain you have."
The firm has been involved in numerous charitable schemes, especially in education. They have been involved in the Read and Rise program in low income schools in both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, donating $60,000 to the cause. They also funded $60,000 for what is known as the 411 Pain Cash for Teachers Contest, which "awards $1,000 per month to a teacher in each county, culminating with a May grand prize of $11,000 for each district." In March 2011 they donated $2,120 to Miami-Dade Schools Superintendent Alberto M. Carvalho and Martha Harris, principal of Dr. Henry W. Mack Elementary School in Miami to fund a Scholastic Book Fair in which $5 gift certificates were given to children to buy books of their choice. The firm also organizes the 411 Pain Bowl between schools in southern Florida and is also active in the campaign against bullying in schools and sponsors The Prevention Team, an anti-bullying organization. On September 29 2011, the company along with Romance 106.7FM, Budweiser, Miccosukee Resort & Gaming and Walgreens, organized a Latin music concert in Miami named "Una Copa con Romance", attended by some 1500 people and artists such as Charlie Zaa. In October 2011, the firm sponsored basketball coach Isiah Thomas's Mary's Court foundation and the "South Florida All-Star Classic" charity match featuring LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh, held at the S. Century Bank Arena on the Modesto Maidique Campus of Florida International University.
- "Chiropractor’s advertising model seeks to consolidate fragmented markets". South Florida Business Journal. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "State of Florida, Department of State". Florida Department of State. 4 April 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "Fictitious Name Filing State of Florida, Department of State". Florida Department of State. 8 August 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- "Dun & Bradstreet Reports". Dun & Bradstreet. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF MINNESOTA" (PDF). Justia. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Art Levy (1 September 2011). "1-800-new-rules? High-profile ads are earning for-profit lawyer referral services unwanted attention.(Of Counsel)". Florida Trend via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "411-Pain Gives Elementary School Students the Gift of Reading.". Biotech Week via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 9 March 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "1 800 411 PAIN Complaint". United States District Court Southern District of Florida, accessed via Scribd. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "411-pain". Trademark Infringement Attorney.com. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "411 Pain Supports Anti-Bullying Campaigns". Yahoo! News. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "411 Pain - The Title Sponsor Of The Prevention Team.". The Prevention Team. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "SBS Touts 'Una Copa con Romance'". Wireless News via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 9 October 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "ISIAH THOMAS' MARY'S COURT FOUNDATION DONATES TO FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY 1ST GENERATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND". US Fed News Service, Including US State News via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 11 October 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2012.