432 Park Avenue
|This article is outdated. (October 2013)|
|432 Park Avenue|
Rendering by DBOX for CIM Group/ Macklowe Properties
|Location||432 Park Avenue
New York City, United States
|Construction started||foundation phase: Sept 2011
construction phase: May 2012
|Opening||Topped out: Early 2015
Occupancy: late 2015 or early 2016
|Roof||1,398 feet (426.1 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Rafael Viñoly and SLCE Architects, LLP|
|Developer||CIM Group / Macklowe Properties|
|Structural engineer||WSP Cantor Seinuk|
|Main contractor||Lend Lease|
432 Park Avenue is a supertall residential project by CIM Group in midtown Manhattan in New York City. With a height of 1,398 feet (426.11 m), 147 condominium apartments, it will become the 3rd tallest tower in the United States, with the One World Trade Center being taller, as judged by the height of its pinnacle, although 432 Park Avenue is taller if One World Trade Center is measured by roof height. Originally proposed at 1,300 feet (396 m) in 2011, the construction began in 2012 and will finish in 2015. Located at 432 Park Avenue, the building required the demolition of the 495 room Drake Hotel built in 1926. In 2006 the hotel was sold for $440 million to developer Harry Macklowe. It was demolished in 2007. The site became one of New York's most valuable development sites due to its location in the heart of the city.
Design and layout
Designed by Rafael Viñoly around "the purest geometric form: the square," the tower will have eighty-four 93-foot-square stories, each with six 100-square-foot windows. The tower's condominium units will range from a 351-square-foot studio to a six-bedroom, seven-bath penthouse with a library, already under agreement for $95 million. The building's amenities will include 12 ft (3.7 m) high ceilings, golf training facilities, and private dining and screening rooms. When completed, 432 Park Avenue is expected to become the second-tallest building in New York City and the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere.
- "432 Park Avenue". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "CIM GROUP AND NEW YORK REAL ESTATE MAGNATE HARRY MACKLOWE PLAN 1,300 FOOT MANHATTAN CONDO AND RETAIL COMPLEX". PBT Consulting. October 23, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "432 Park Avenue". SkyscraperPage. Retrieved September 19, 2013.
- "Drake Hotel tops most valuable NYC development sites list". The Real Deal. June 21, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- Karmin, Craig (October 19, 2011). "New York Placing Tallest Order". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 14, 2012.