479th Bombardment Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)|
|479th Bombardment Squadron|
Emblem of the 479th Bombardment Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 479th Bombardment Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last was assigned to the 336th Bombardment Group, stationed at Lake Charles Army Air Field, Louisiana. It was inactivated on 1 May 1944.
Established by III Bomber Command as a B-26 Marauder training squadron.
- Constituted 479th Bombardment Squadron (Medium) on 9 July 1942
- Activated on 15 July 1942
- Inactivated on 1 May 1944
- 336th Bombardment Group (Medium), 15 July 1942-1 May 1944
- MacDill Field, Florida, 15 July 1942
- Fort Myers Army Airfield, Florida, 10 August 1942
- Avon Park Army Air Field, Florida, 13 December 1942
- MacDill Field, Florida, 13 October 1943
- Lake Charles Army Air Field, Louisiana, 6 November 1943-1 May 1944
- B-26 Marauder, 1942–1944
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.