47th Volksgrenadier Division (Wehrmacht)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 47th Volksgrenadier Division (Germany))
|47th Volksgrenadier Division|
|Engagements||Second World War|
In mid-November, the division was ordered just east of the village of Gressnich, now part of Stolberg in North Rhine-Westphalia. Field Marshal, believing the division to be inexperienced, moved them out of the way of the American Ninth Army.
- Lieutenant General Max Bork (18 Sep 1944 - Feb 1945)
- Colonel von Grundherr (Mar 1945 - Apr 1945)
- Colonel Langesee (Apr 1945)
- Major General Hauser (1945)
- 103rd Grenadier Regiment
- 104th Grenadier Regiment
- 115th Grenadier Regiment
- 147th Artillery Regiment
- 147th (Bicycle) Fusilier Company
- 147th Pioneer Battalion
- 147th Anti-tank Battalion (mot)
- 147th Signals Battalion
- 147th Field-replacement Battalion
- "47. Volksgrenadier-Division". Axis History Factbook. 6 September 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- Miller, Edward G. (2003). A Dark and Bloody Ground: The Hurtgen Forest and the Roer River Dams, 1944-1945. Texas A&M University Press.