48th Royal Tank Regiment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is notable for disabling the only operating Tiger tank in the world, Tiger 131.
- 1798 Newington Surrey (Sic) Volunteers.
- Loyal Southwark Volunteers
- 1859 7th Surrey Rifles
- (c) 1885 4th Volunteer Battalion The East Surrey Regiment
- 1908 23rd Battalion The East Surrey Regiment
- 1928 23rd London regiment ( The East Surrey Regiment)
- 1937 7th (23rd London) Battalion The East Surrey Regiment
- November 1938 42nd Battalion Royal Tank Corps.
- April 1939 48th Battalion Royal Tank Regiment (R.A.C.)
This info from a Regimental Christmas card sent to a family in 1940 by a member of the regiment.
- With Churchills to war : 48th Battalion Royal Tank Regiment at war, 1939-45, by Peter Gudgin. Sutton, 1996. ISBN 0-7509-1239-1
|This article about a specific British military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Merseyside RTR (Brian Gill`s website)