4i2i Communications Ltd. is a supplier of semiconductor IP cores, software and board level solutions for video coding, error correction coding and broad-band modems. Headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland, it also has offices in Edinburgh, Scotland and San Jose, California, USA. The company specializes in video compression technology and sells a range of video IP cores. 4i2i video cores include High Profile H.264 decode and encode supporting HDTV resolution video.
4i2i customers include NASA  whose Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses 4i2i video codec IP to help astronauts transmit digital video pictures back to Earth from space.
4i2i sponsors a research engineer at the Institute for System Level Integration.
- 1995: Company founded.
- 2005: Xilinx and 4i2i demonstrate industry's first high definition H.264/AVC encoder available in a single FPGA.
- ^ IP cores from 4i2i fit Actel ASICs
- ^ 4i2i and Alpha Data Ltd (2006-01-01). "High Definition, Low Bandwidth. Implementing a high-definition H.264 codec solution with a single Xilinx FPGA." (PDF). Xilinx. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- ^ 4i2i deal out of this world
- ^ Aberdeen company takes leap into space after securing deal with NASA
- ^ ISLI EngD research - 4i2i Communications (2003-07)
- ^ Xilinx and 4i2i demonstrate industry's first high definition H.264/AVC encoder available in a single FPGA.