4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division
|4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division|
10th Mountain Division shoulder sleeve insignia
|Active||January 2005 – present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Army|
|Part of||10th Mountain Division|
|Garrison/HQ||Fort Polk, Louisiana|
|Nickname||"Patriot Brigade" (Special Designation)|
|Engagements||War in Afghanistan (2001–present)
The 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division ("Patriot Brigade") is an infantry brigade combat team of the United States Army based at Fort Polk, Louisiana. It is a subordinate formation of the 10th Mountain Division. It was activated in January 2005.
The brigade consists of six subordinate battalions; its combat element consists of two infantry battalions, the 2nd Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment and the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment. The 3rd Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment provides reconnaissance services to the Brigade Combat Team, while the 5th Battalion, 25th Field Artillery Regiment provides field artillery support. Headquarters and command services are provided by the brigade Special Troops Battalion. All supporting services for the brigade are provided by the 94th Brigade Support Battalion. All of these battalions are located at Fort Polk.
10th Mountain Division headquarters, 3rd Brigade Combat Team and two Battalion Task Forces from the 4th Brigade Combat Team deployed to Afghanistan in 2006, staying in the country until 2007. The division and brigade served in the eastern region of the country, along the border with Pakistan, fulfilling a similar role as it did during its previous deployment.
In April 2008 the headquarters of the 10th Mountain Division was deployed to Iraq, along with the 4th Brigade Combat Team. The division headquarters served as the command element for southern Baghdad, while the 4th BCT operated in East Baghdad. The 10th Mountain participated in larger scale operations such as Operation Phantom Phoenix.
It deployed to Afghanistan in October 2010.
Decorations and Campaign Streamers
|Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army)||2008–2009||for service in Iraq|
|Operation Enduring Freedom||Afghanistan||2006-2007|
|Operation Iraqi Freedom||Iraq||2007–2009|
|Operation Enduring Freedom||Afghanistan||2010-2011|
- "Special Unit Designations". United States Army Center of Military History. 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 9 June 2010. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- "10th Mountain Division Organization". Fort Drum Public Affairs Office. Archived from the original on 5 August 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Lineage and Honors Information: 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division". United States Army Center of Military History. Retrieved 9 July 2009.
- Sasser 2009, p. 1
- "Governor Patterson attends sendoff for 10th Mountain soldiers". New York State Government. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- "War on Terrorism Awards". United States Army Center of Military History. Retrieved 3 July 20090.