4th Ward, Chicago
|4th Ward - Chicago|
|• Body||City of Chicago|
|• Alderman||William D. Burns (Democratic Party)|
The 4th Ward is one of the 50 aldermanic wards with representation in the City Council of Chicago, Illinois. It is broken into 52 election precincts. Lake Michigan is the ward's eastern boundary for much of its area. Its northwesternmost point, as of 2002, was located at the intersection of East 26th Street and South Prairie Avenue and its southeasternmost point at the intersection of East 55th Street and Lake Park Avenue.
David K. Fremon wrote in 1988 that "No other ward has wealth and poverty in such proximity."
List of Aldermen
- -1973 - Claude Holman
- 1973-1991 - Timothy C. Evans
- 1991-2010 - Toni Preckwinkle
- 2010-2011 - Shirley Newsome
- 2011-present - William D. Burns
- "Ward 4". City of Chicago. Retrieved 2011-12-05.
- "4th Ward - 52 election precincts". Chicagoelections.com. 04-01-2002. Retrieved 12-05-2011. Check date values in:
- David K. Fremon (October 1988). Chicago politics, ward by ward. Indiana University Press. p. 42. ISBN 978-0-253-20490-5. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
|This Chicago, Illinois geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|